So I'm eating some of my roomates beans he made, which includes large

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary, the person says that sausage makes them feel mildly unpleasant and can't eat one bowl of the roommate's beans because of it. The sausage might be greasy, and fried foods might make the person feel better, but the feeling isn't really greasy or fried.
Drakkith
Mentor
So I'm eating some of my roomates beans he made, which includes large amounts of sliced up sausage, and like always, It makes me feel...nauseous? No, not really...sick to my stomach? Again, not really...I can't place the feeling, but its mildly unpleasant and I can barely eat one bowl of his beans because of it. Sausage doesn't taste bad, but it makes me feel kinda blah. This happens with pretty much all sausage I eat, not just in his beans. Anyone ever get this kind of feeling with food?

Physics news on Phys.org

Is it greasy? Sometimes my gallbladder will give me fits if I eat anything greasy.

Lately I can't even tolerate pizza, so I've stopped trying to eat it. Anything rich now makes me feel queasy.

Is sausage greasy? I think so. I don't eat sausage that much lol.
But I don't think it's that, as I don't feel bad after eating pizza and other stuff. Although fried foods do fill me up pretty fast they don't make me feel the way sausage does.

Sausage is very rich and fatty. It's one of those foods you can't necessarily eat a lot of.

If I'm cooking something like that, I will cook the sausage separately so that the dish doesn't get as much fat. If your roommate's dish had the sausage in it from the beginning, yeah, it's going to be very greasy.

Borg said:
If I'm cooking something like that, I will cook the sausage separately so that the dish doesn't get as much fat. If your roommate's dish had the sausage in it from the beginning, yeah, it's going to be very greasy.

I ate the sausage first, so I still had half a bowl without any, which was much better! Get rid of the stuff you don't like first and then enjoy the rest lol.

1. Can I get sick from eating my roommate's beans?

It is unlikely that you will get sick from eating your roommate's beans, as long as they were cooked properly and stored in the fridge at the correct temperature. However, if you have any food allergies or sensitivities, it is important to check the ingredients before consuming.

2. How long can I keep my roommate's beans in the fridge?

Cooked beans can typically be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. After that, it is recommended to either freeze them or discard them. Always check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.

3. Are there any health benefits to eating beans?

Yes, beans are a great source of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. They can help lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, and promote digestive health. However, it is important to eat beans in moderation and balance them with other nutritious foods.

4. Can I freeze my roommate's beans for later?

Yes, you can freeze cooked beans for up to 6 months. It is best to portion them out into smaller containers or freezer bags for easier thawing and reheating. Be sure to label and date the containers for future reference.

5. How can I tell if my roommate's beans have gone bad?

Signs of spoiled beans include a foul smell, slimy texture, or mold growth. If you notice any of these, it is best to discard the beans. It is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety.