Snake in a Bottle: A Peasant's Shock

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Shock
In summary, Tsu saw our nephew who is currently in the Navy and who just returned from Singapore. He had an alcoholic beverage with a snake coiled up in the bottom of the bottle! For some strange reason, Tsu chose not to indulge.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
While visiting her sister, Tsu saw our nephew who is currently in the Navy and who just returned from Singapore. He had an alcoholic beverage with a snake coiled up in the bottom of the bottle! For some strange reason, Tsu chose not to indulge. :biggrin:

I did a little googling:
A peasant in central China is recovering in hospital after uncorking a bottle of spirits containing what was supposed to be a dead, preserved snake - which promptly leaped out and bit him.

The shock for the man, named Li, came during his lunch break on Saturday when he opened the bottle in which the snake had been pickled for a year, the Beijing-based Xin Bao newspaper said yesterday.[continued]
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/10/15/1034561156882.html

Physics news on Phys.org
They don't have those in Guam.

There's also one in Alaska, that has a dead human finger in it. :yuck:

Mk said:
There's also one in Alaska, that has a dead human finger in it. :yuck:

:rofl: hence the two finger shot glass.

So, where do they get the fingers... :biggrin:

A peasant in central China is recovering in hospital after uncorking a bottle of spirits containing what was supposed to be a dead, preserved snake - which promptly leaped out and bit him.
I don't believe it. After a year swimming in booze that snake would be too drunk to do any "leaping".

zoobyshoe said:
I don't believe it. After a year swimming in booze that snake would be too drunk to do any "leaping".

I wondered how long it would take before we had an objection. Yes, that is a bit hard to believe... But then I know of people who have lived in a bottle for years. :uhh:

Ivan Seeking said:
I wondered how long it would take before we had an objection. Yes, that is a bit hard to believe... But then I know of people who have lived in a bottle for years. :uhh:

i didn't think the snake would be drunk, i thought it would have drowned by that time!

1. What is the premise of "Snake in a Bottle: A Peasant's Shock"?

The story follows a peasant who discovers a snake trapped in a bottle and the unexpected consequences that arise from this encounter.

2. Is "Snake in a Bottle: A Peasant's Shock" based on real events?

No, it is a work of fiction. However, it may have been inspired by real-life incidents or themes.

3. What scientific elements are present in the story?

The story incorporates various scientific concepts such as biology, ecology, and chemistry. It also explores themes of human-animal interactions and their impact on the environment.

4. Who is the target audience for "Snake in a Bottle: A Peasant's Shock"?

The story can be enjoyed by readers of all ages, but it may be particularly appealing to those interested in science and nature.

5. What is the message of "Snake in a Bottle: A Peasant's Shock"?

The story highlights the consequences of human actions on the environment and the importance of coexisting with nature. It also emphasizes the power of empathy and compassion towards all living beings.

Back