Advanced Physics Textbook Series: Comprehensive Explanations & Derivations

In summary, the speaker is looking for a physics book or series of books that provide detailed explanations and derivations for concepts in advanced modern physics, including mechanics, quantum mechanics, and electromagnetism. They suggest checking out Landau's "Course of Theoretical Physics" books by Landau and Lifshitz.
marcos
I'm currently taking Advanced Modern Physics and Optics, among other things. Our textbooks aren't too keen on explaining things in detail and going into the exact proofs and formulations. I am looking for a physics book or series of physics books that actually explain everything in detail, including derivations (and the algebra used) to everything from hard mechanics to modern physics to quantum, e and M and optics...I know it sounds general but there has to be a series of books that's hardcore :[

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I don't get exactly what you want, but I think you should check Landau's "Course of Theoretical Physics" books.

I hope that helps.

Cheers :smile:.

Landau and Lif****z.

Have fun!

1. What is the purpose of the "Advanced Physics Textbook Series"?

The purpose of the "Advanced Physics Textbook Series" is to provide comprehensive explanations and derivations of advanced physics concepts. This series is designed for students and professionals who want to deepen their understanding of complex physics theories and principles.

2. Who is the target audience for this textbook series?

The target audience for this textbook series is students and professionals in the fields of physics, engineering, and other related disciplines. It is specifically geared towards those who have a strong foundation in basic physics concepts and are looking to expand their knowledge in more advanced topics.

3. How is this textbook series different from other physics textbooks?

This textbook series stands out from others as it provides comprehensive explanations and derivations of advanced physics concepts, rather than just presenting equations and formulas. It also includes real-world examples and applications to help readers fully grasp the concepts and their relevance.

4. Can this textbook series be used as a standalone resource for learning advanced physics?

Yes, this textbook series can be used as a standalone resource for learning advanced physics. However, it is recommended to use it in conjunction with other resources, such as lectures and practice problems, to fully grasp the concepts and reinforce learning.

5. Is this textbook series suitable for self-study or is it better suited for classroom use?

This textbook series can be used for both self-study and classroom use. It is designed to be self-explanatory and easy to follow, making it suitable for independent learning. However, it can also be used in a classroom setting as a supplement to lectures and discussions.