Need Suggestion about Chemistry Book

In summary, there are multiple options for chemistry books for beginners, including "Chemistry: The Central Science" and "Chemistry for Dummies." There are also books specifically geared towards different age groups, such as "The Magic School Bus: Atoms and Molecules" for younger readers and "Chemistry: Concepts and Problems" for older readers. For those looking for hands-on experiments, "Chemistry in the Laboratory" and "Chemistry Experiments for Children" are recommended. Advanced students may benefit from textbooks like "Quantum Chemistry" and "Chemistry: Structure and Dynamics," while there are also books that focus on specific topics like organic chemistry and biochemistry, such as "Organic Chemistry" and "Principles of
xCross
Hi,
I am looking for a good chemistry book for my studies.
I am looking for something that is similar to this Physics book: Halliday/Resnick/Walker's Fundamentals of Physics.

Any suggestion for me?

Thanks in Advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would recommend Brown LeMay Bursten's Chemistry, the central science for high school chemistry.

this book is good.. thanks a lot for suggesting this book.. :)

Haha no problem :)

IMO, best introductory chemistry text.

1. What is the best chemistry book for beginners?

There are many great chemistry books for beginners, but some popular options include "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, LeMay, and Bursten, "Chemistry for Dummies" by John T. Moore, and "General Chemistry" by Darrell D. Ebbing and Steven D. Gammon.

2. Are there any chemistry books that are specifically geared towards a certain age group?

Yes, there are chemistry books available for all age groups. Some books are geared towards younger readers, such as "The Magic School Bus: Atoms and Molecules" by Joanna Cole, while others are designed for older readers, such as "Chemistry: Concepts and Problems" by Clifford C. Houk and Richard Post.

3. Can you recommend a chemistry book that includes hands-on experiments?

"Chemistry in the Laboratory" by James M. Postma, Julian L. Roberts, and J. Leland Hollenberg is a popular choice for a chemistry book that includes hands-on experiments. "Chemistry Experiments for Children" by Catherine Bruzzone and Colin Mably is also a great option for younger readers.

4. What is the best chemistry book for advanced students?

For advanced students, "Quantum Chemistry" by John P. Lowe is a highly rated and comprehensive option. "Chemistry: Structure and Dynamics" by James N. Spencer and George M. Bodner is also a popular choice for advanced chemistry studies.

5. Are there any chemistry books that cover specific topics, such as organic chemistry or biochemistry?

Yes, there are many chemistry books that focus on specific topics. For organic chemistry, "Organic Chemistry" by Paula Yurkanis Bruice is a widely used textbook. For biochemistry, "Principles of Biochemistry" by Albert L. Lehninger, David L. Nelson, and Michael M. Cox is a well-regarded option.