Programs with MS in astro/aero via web

In summary, the conversation is about recommendations and experiences with MS programs in aerospace engineering, specifically for someone going into the air force. The programs mentioned are Purdue, Georgia Tech, and USC, with a mention of Wichita State University as well. The speaker personally recommends Purdue and Georgia Tech, but suggests considering online programs or military-friendly universities for more cost-effective options.
srfrancis
Anyone have any recommendations or experiences with these types of programs? Looking to do my MS in AE. Also if it helps for options I'm going into the air force.

Programs I was looking at:
Purdue
Georgia Tech
USC

Thoughts? Was hoping to find something a little more cost effective with an astro focus.

Thanks for any help.

SRF

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're looking to go into the air force, see what the Air Force Academy has. Or, if you're looking to fly but not set on the air force, look at the Naval Academy. Both would have potential.

Otherwise, the schools you're looking at are very good schools. I will, however, put in a shameless plug for Wichita State University. It is a great school and has great research opportunities with the National Institute for Aviation Research.

: I have personally attended Purdue for my MS in AE and I highly recommend it. The program is well-respected and the faculty are top-notch. However, it may not be the most cost-effective option for you, especially if you are considering an astro focus. Georgia Tech also has a great program and is known for its strong aerospace department. I am not as familiar with USC's program, but I have heard good things about it. Have you looked into any online programs or programs at military-friendly universities? Those may offer more cost-effective options for you. Good luck with your decision!

1. What is a "program with MS in astro/aero via web?"

A program with MS in astro/aero via web is a graduate level degree program that focuses on the fields of aerospace and astrophysics. This program is completed primarily online, allowing students to access course materials and lectures remotely.

2. What types of courses are typically included in this program?

Courses in an MS in astro/aero program via web may include topics such as orbital mechanics, planetary science, astrodynamics, spacecraft design, remote sensing, and astrophysics. These courses are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in both aerospace and astrophysics.

3. Is this program suitable for students with a non-science background?

No, this program is typically designed for students who have a strong background in science, particularly in physics and mathematics. However, some programs may offer prerequisite courses for students who do not have a science background but are interested in pursuing this degree.

4. What are the career options for graduates of this program?

Graduates of an MS in astro/aero program via web may pursue careers in a variety of fields, including aerospace engineering, astrophysics research, satellite design, and space policy. They may also work for government agencies such as NASA or private companies in the aerospace industry.

5. Are there any in-person requirements for this program?

While the majority of courses in this program are completed online, some programs may have in-person requirements such as internships or seminars. It is important to research the specific program and its requirements before enrolling.