Deep Water Megalithic Stones and Structures Near Western Cuba?

In summary: The geology of the Caribbean area /with a foreword by W. D. Coats...New York: W. H. Freeman and Company. Geology, Caribbean.Iturralde-Vinent, MA. (1996). The megalith builders: Pre-Columbian monuments in the Caribbean. Austin: University of Texas Press. Pre-Columbian monuments, megalith builders.
I read that they were silent running. Which means that they were not using sonar.

I am not sure they have mapped the entire surface of the seafloor in detail, and the topography can definitely change. Landslides happens, currents transport sediment, Around hydrothermal vents structures such as "black smokers" and "white smokers" rise from the seafloor and I expect they can get taller from year to year.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
NileQueen said:
I read that they were silent running. Which means that they were not using sonar.
Every ship is, of course, has a depth-sounder, which is nothing more than a sonar that pings every second or two to measure depth. That, quite obvioiusly, announces your existence and position to anyone within 10 miles who is listening. For a sub, that's not a good thing.
I am not sure they have mapped the entire surface of the seafloor in detail, and the topography can definitely change. Landslides happens, currents transport sediment, Around hydrothermal vents structures such as "black smokers" and "white smokers" rise from the seafloor and I expect they can get taller from year to year.
Mapping the ocean floor in detail has only been possible for perhaps a decade or two. errorist is forgetting just how vast the oceans are. Having been a navigator in the Navy, I can tell you preparing for a deployment to South America is disheartening: many of the charts we used were upwards of 30 years old.