Motor Stopping - Find Reason & Fix

In summary: We can just magically know the reason for the motor stopping.In summary, the individual is experiencing an issue with their motor connected to an MCU via an H bridge. The motor stops rotating after a few minutes and they are unsure of the reason. They have tried rotating the wheels of their robot, but the MCU restarts whenever the motor and H bridge circuit are connected. They are seeking possible reasons for this issue and have been advised to use separate batteries for the MCU and motor, as well as opto-couplers between the MCU's outputs and the motor. They have also been asked to share their schematic and software, but have not provided any information.
amaresh92
hi,
i have a motor conected to mcu via h bridge but it stops rotating after few minutes.may i know the reason for this.
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's because it doesn't work.

What are all the reasons you know of that are not causing it to stop?

skeptic2 said:

i don't have any idea..

skeptic2 said:

Example: Is the motor heating up?

We have absolutely zero knowledge of what you are doing other from what you tell us. You have told us nothing that would enable us to help you.

Integral said:
We have absolutely zero knowledge of what you are doing other from what you tell us. You have told us nothing that would enable us to help you.

i tried to rotate the wheels of my robot but the problem is the MCU restarts again and again whenever connect motor and hbridge circuit and at last motor stop.may i know the reason for this?
thanks

Try using separate batteries for the MCU and the motor and also opto-couplers between the MCU's outputs and the motor.

share your schematic and software, maybe you are not switching the h-bridge correctly.

hisham.i said:
share your schematic and software, maybe you are not switching the h-bridge correctly.
Excuse me, but this thread is reserved for clairvoyants and psychics. We don't need schematics or information about the problem.

1. What are the common reasons for motor stopping?

The most common reasons for motor stopping include overheating, power supply issues, mechanical failures, and electrical faults.

2. How can I determine the reason for my motor stopping?

To determine the reason for motor stopping, it is important to perform a thorough inspection of the motor and its components. This may include checking for signs of overheating, testing the power supply, and examining the mechanical and electrical connections.

3. How can I fix a motor that keeps stopping?

The best way to fix a motor that keeps stopping is to first identify the underlying cause. Once the reason for the motor stopping is determined, the appropriate repairs or replacements can be made. This may involve replacing faulty components, cleaning or lubricating mechanical parts, or addressing electrical issues.

4. Can regular maintenance prevent motor stopping?

Yes, regular maintenance can help prevent motor stopping. By regularly inspecting and servicing the motor, potential issues can be identified and addressed before they lead to motor failure. This can also help extend the lifespan of the motor.

5. Is it possible to prevent motor stopping altogether?

While it is not possible to completely prevent motor stopping, regular maintenance and prompt repairs can greatly reduce the risk of motor failure. It is also important to use the motor according to its intended purpose and to follow recommended usage and maintenance guidelines.