Transactional Interpretation Absorber?

In summary, Transactional Interpretation is a theory that attempts to resolve the infinities in classical electrodynamics in order to avoid divergence in quantum electrodynamics. It works on the principle of half advanced and half retarded waves, and proposes that there is no self-interaction of electrons and only interaction with other electrons. For more information, please refer to the provided link.
ice809
I'm just curious, but I've been reading about Transactional Interpretation For some time now and I know about the law of causality, Wave function collapse, etc. My question is How would I know when a Absorber (object) emits a Confirmation wave to my emitter (laser) which offers an offer wave? How would i be able to observe the absorbers wave? Please provide Good info and please no negative comments. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
transactional interpretation works on the principle of half advanced and half retarded wave.It was an unsuccessful attempt to resolve the infinities of classical electrodynamics in the hope that if classical electrodynamics will not contain infinity then it might be possible to avoid divergence in quantum electrodynamics.In this theory there is no self interaction of electrons and there is interaction with other electrons only.you can see here for details
http://authors.library.caltech.edu/11095/

1. What is Transactional Interpretation Absorber?

Transactional Interpretation Absorber (TI Absorber) is a theoretical construct proposed in the field of quantum mechanics. It is a variant of the Transactional Interpretation of quantum mechanics, which posits that all interactions between particles are mediated by waves traveling backward and forward in time.

2. How does TI Absorber differ from other interpretations of quantum mechanics?

Unlike other interpretations, TI Absorber provides a framework for understanding the "collapse of the wave function" in quantum mechanics. It suggests that when an observer makes a measurement, both the observer and the measured system enter into a transaction, exchanging waves between past and future states.

3. Can TI Absorber be tested experimentally?

At this time, there is no definitive experimental evidence for or against TI Absorber. However, some physicists argue that certain experiments, such as the delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment, could provide evidence for the transactional interpretation of quantum mechanics and, by extension, TI Absorber.

4. What are the potential implications of TI Absorber?

If TI Absorber is proven to be an accurate description of quantum phenomena, it could have significant implications for our understanding of reality. It would suggest that the future can influence the past, and that time may not be as linear as we perceive it to be. It could also have practical applications in quantum computing and communication.

5. Is TI Absorber widely accepted by the scientific community?

TI Absorber is a relatively new concept and is still a topic of debate among physicists. While some find it to be a promising framework for understanding quantum mechanics, others criticize it for being overly complex and not providing any new insights. As of now, it does not have widespread acceptance in the scientific community, but it continues to be studied and explored by researchers.