Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!

• Thread starter Jelfish
  • Start date
In summary, the admin requested for spell check to be added to the edit template. The poster suggested a workaround by opening another browser window and using the spell check feature before copying and pasting the corrections back to the original message. The poster also mentioned their own success with using this method.
Jelfish
Admin: Please add spell check to the edit template! Too often I forget to spellcheck the first time.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I don't know if the mods will add what you want, but in the mean time I have a suggestion. Open another browser window and hit post new thread on any open forum. Copy and paste your post into the new message box then hit spell check. Once you have made corrections copy and paste the results in the old message window and close the new one. I know it's a lot of steps, and not really a solution, but it works for me as I am probably the worst speller here.

Haha just did a spell check and no mistakes. Wonders never cease.

1. What is "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!"?

"Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!" is a feature that allows users to automatically spell check their edited content before it is saved, ensuring that any spelling errors are caught and corrected.

2. How does "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!" work?

Once the feature is enabled, it automatically checks the spelling of any edited content before it is saved. It compares the words in the edited content against a dictionary of correctly spelled words, and highlights any words that are not found in the dictionary. Users can then choose to correct any highlighted words or ignore them if they are spelled correctly but not recognized by the dictionary.

3. Can "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!" be customized?

Yes, some versions of this feature allow for customization. Users can choose the language of the dictionary, add or remove words from the dictionary, and adjust the sensitivity of the spell check.

4. Is "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!" accurate?

While "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!" can help catch and correct many spelling errors, it is not 100% accurate. It may not recognize certain words or names, and it may have trouble with words that are spelled correctly but used incorrectly in the sentence. It is always important to proofread your own work in addition to using spell check.

5. How can I enable "Spell Check on Edit Admin: Add Now!"?

The process for enabling this feature may vary depending on the specific software or platform you are using. Usually, there will be an option in the settings or preferences menu to turn on spell check. If you are unsure how to enable it, you can refer to the user manual or contact the software's customer support for assistance.