What falling in love feels like to you

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of love and its various aspects and effects on people. Different perspectives and experiences are shared, ranging from the initial attraction and infatuation to the more stable and lasting platonic relationships. Despite the ups and downs of being in love, it is still seen as a cherished and complex emotion that can bring both joy and pain.
Well, falling in love can result in a person wandering around like a zombie - just a happy zombie.

Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
Well, falling in love can result in a person wandering around like a zombie - just a happy zombie.
There are less pleasant forms of madness. When you are very young, you won't appreciate the previous sentence.

I thought it was like butterflies .. either in stomach or heart, unfortunately, I cannot substantiate this claim through any love song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSNSVKFqh5A
This about sums up my 17 year old love life.:cry:

When my now-ex and I first met, he asked me if I'd ever been "in love". I told him that I thought I had been a couple of times, either that, or I'd experienced a couple of longish anxiety attacks.

The Bible explains what it feels like to fall in love, but I think that part is often misinterpreted.

It feels like someone reaching inside you and ripping out a rib - it feels okay at first as long as everything is happening real slow (in fact, you might think you're just getting tickled), but it's going to hurt eventually.

:!) As a person that is currently in love i describe love as: missing that special person everyday, wanting to be with him constantly, constantly thinking about him throughout the day, having a smile from ear to ear when i receive a text message or call from him, willing to do anything for that him (not always a good side effect of love), texting with him all day everday, loving the cologne that he wears, making plans for the future with him, wanting and trying to be the best possible person and lover for him, looking your best for him, never wanting to see him unhappy sad or upset, loving all the little things he does for me, the first person i think about when waking up in the morning. =D

"True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness."

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Love stinks. First they lie to you to get you to want them, then they dump you. "Oh look, someone else wants me, hadn't counted on that happening..bye".

Last edited:
Kinda like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2FwAWtL4Q

ocan said:
:!) As a person that is currently in love i describe love as: missing that special person everyday, wanting to be with him constantly, constantly thinking about him throughout the day, having a smile from ear to ear when i receive a text message or call from him, willing to do anything for that him (not always a good side effect of love), texting with him all day everday, loving the cologne that he wears, making plans for the future with him, wanting and trying to be the best possible person and lover for him, looking your best for him, never wanting to see him unhappy sad or upset, loving all the little things he does for me, the first person i think about when waking up in the morning. =D

that wouldn't last long :rofl:

Feels like a warm, sugar cookie in my belly...ahhh, cookie

It feels like anxiety, except it doesn't make me suicidal.

TubbaBlubba said:
It feels like anxiety, except it doesn't make me suicidal.

Oh for crying out loud

cronxeh said:
Oh for crying out loud

What? That's the best way I can describe it.

TubbaBlubba said:
What? That's the best way I can describe it.

Its the adrenaline that's giving you the butterflies, anxiety, fear, excitement, and heart racing. You then follow up with a dopamine spike (pleasure), serotonin spike (fantasy), and reinforce with oxytocin and vasopressin after sex. You feel all pumped and reenergized, like a nice little Darwinian-Pavlov poodle.

Sex and love are a delusion created by your brain in order to justify its own existence and get high. And it all started with a damned kiss, when your brain analyzed the MHC in saliva and concluded that it wants variety in genetic offspring.

cronxeh said:
Its the adrenaline that's giving you he butterflies, anxiety, fear, excitement, and heart racing. You then follow up with a dopamine spike (pleasure), serotonin spike (fantasy), and reinforce with oxytocin and vasopressin after sex. You feel all pumped and reenergized, like a nice little Darwinian-Pavlov poodle.

Sex and love are a delusion created by your brain in order to justify its own existence and get high.

This sounds reasonable. But hey, it feels good. Sometimes. And feeling good is good enough for me.

TubbaBlubba said:
This sounds reasonable. But hey, it feels good. Sometimes. And feeling good is good enough for me.

Agreed. And its cheaper than drugs and your girlfriend can also make you a sandwhich and fetch a beer after its all done :biggrin:

TubbaBlubba said:

Good enough for me and Bobby McGee.

BobG said:
Good enough for me and Bobby McGee.
Well you just keep your harpoon in your bandanna!

cronxeh said:
Its the adrenaline that's giving you the butterflies, anxiety, fear, excitement, and heart racing. You then follow up with a dopamine spike (pleasure), serotonin spike (fantasy), and reinforce with oxytocin and vasopressin after sex. You feel all pumped and reenergized, like a nice little Darwinian-Pavlov poodle.

Sex and love are a delusion created by your brain in order to justify its own existence and get high. And it all started with a damned kiss, when your brain analyzed the MHC in saliva and concluded that it wants variety in genetic offspring.

OK Cronxeh...come back to the matrix with the rest of us...

HeLiXe said:
OK Cronxeh...come back to the matrix with the rest of us...

I am stuck in my own nightmare

Is that what you call reality?:wink:

In about 2 months (may be 6-7 weeks), it will be the 30th anniversary of meeting my wife. We didn't start dating for about 7 months (we went to different universities 90 miles apart), but we keep running into each other at various gatherings of friends. After 7 months, during spring break (1981), I asked her out, and we've been together ever since.

Astronuc said:
In about 2 months (may be 6-7 weeks), it will be the 30th anniversary of meeting my wife. We didn't start dating for about 7 months (we went to different universities 90 miles apart), but we keep running into each other at various gatherings of friends. After 7 months, during spring break (1981), I asked her out, and we've been together ever since.

Now imagine if you forgot about that anniversary? :rofl:

Astronuc said:

Awwwwww <3 This is so cute! *daydreams*

cronxeh said:
Now imagine if you forgot about that anniversary? :rofl:
It's OK - she doesn't remember it. I usually remind her.

She'd also like to forget that next year, she will have spent half her life with me. :biggrin:

HeLiXe said:

No, yeah. Astro's story is inspirational. First time I heard this story I was just blown away. But then look at the reality around you, its statistically improbable that there is some kind of a special fate that brought them together, rather the strength of character of the individuals involved and compatibility.

So in essence.. I don't know.

HeLiXe said:
Artman has been married two weeks longer than me. He's got an equally cute story. He married his high school sweetheart.

Astronuc said:
He married his high school sweetheart.

*facepalm* Dont remind me, this is just tragically hilarious for me in that I almost did that

cronxeh said:
some kind of a special fate that brought them together

Please don't talk about fate. I just read the last post on the god thread and I might go into overload. @_@

Astronuc said:
Artman has been married two weeks longer than me. He's got an equally cute story. He married his high school sweetheart.

Awwwww <3

*sighs*

love.

I want to be in love all the time! just the feeling I guess, not the responsibilities!
It feels like happiness, and its more physical than mental... like your heart hurts! and you cry all the time from the pain! lol!

No kidding: I actually got the weak knees for Jayne. I literally used to shake uncontrollably, in her presence (not very cool, I'm afraid :redface:).

I also became extremely stupid--I mean I couldn't think straight (couldn't do basic math)--because I was just so distracted by the concern of trying not give her the wrong idea, all of the time. I could barely speak sometimes. Finally, to communicate: I had to resort to writing her messages on a pad I'd keep in my pocket (real lame).

Astronuc said:
It's OK - she doesn't remember it. I usually remind her.

She'd also like to forget that next year, she will have spent half her life with me. :biggrin:

If I were you I'd feel all sad and depressed 'cause I remember that and the woman I married doesn't. Especially since you're the guy. It's like remembering the first time you met your "someone" and everything they wore and the things they said to you and they don't remember it like you do (in details). wouldn't it make you feel like you're into them more than they're into you? I'd really feel like crap. It's like liking a girl and remember her birthday and phone number and she doesn't remember yours :cry: