Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, 6 YTBN Shot, Killed In Tuscon AZ

• News
  • Thread starter nismaratwork
  • Start date
In summary: I then went in the front door and around customer service to the copy machine. I was in the middle of copying when I heard a series of loud pops. I thought to myself: Why are people setting off firecrackers, don't they know that they could get in trouble with a member of congress so near? Then a couple came in covered with blood and other people rushed by to help. I continued to copy until I thought that this is stupid, I should either help or get out of the way. I walked over to where the shooting took place. There were people lying around I assume dead and injured. It was just like a scene from the movies. Blood everywhere. There
Wow... suddenly mheslep and arildno forget the difference between causal and casual! I wonder what other organizations they're members of... does that mean that every organization they're part of is an offshoot of the DNC?

Arildno: The Tea Party is... the tea party. Period... as much as I'd love to believe that they're an "offshoot" of the RNC. I'd say the Tea Party is, if anything, the Fox News party, and opposed to some extent to the GOP... which is odd.

Physics news on Phys.org
CNN: The attack was planed.

DevilsAvocado said:
Yes, wrong photo. But ...

I may be ignorant, but I’m not deranged, and if you are trying to tell me that Palin, Glenn & The Tea Party has nothing whatsoever in common – you might as well try to convince me Tiger Woods' ex-wife has never seen golf balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CY5aFvRe2E

I'm a little confused - do you have a link with Glenn Beck telling anyone to shoot a politician? I've heard him say the exact opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
arildno said:
YOU are the one talking in generalities, not me.

I'm speaking of that target map from DLC.
Is that offensive to you? It shouldn't be.
Nor should the one from Palin be.

Hmmm... that SS reference really stung huh? I'm not offended by the target map, but the, I'm not easily offended. In fact, it takes something like an ex-members views on rape to really get me offended, or something equally atrocious.

The Palin map doesn't offend me either... it's... almost as though you haven't read my posts at all. I'm in the: Loughner is INSANE camp... your side-discussion is meaningless tripe I have no stake in. Forstår? Arroganse. Antagelser. Føl skam.

nismaratwork said:
Another great argument why the pathology is more important than what the pathological person has to say. It's HOW they say it...

Besides, why kill Giffords of all people if he was truly politically motivated? Crazy with a capital SCREWY.

at this point, I'm leaning in the direction of she was simply convenient. but I'm sure a more complete picture will evolve soon. I've been trying to avoid a discussion of his political beliefs, but based on his videos, i think they're leaning in a libertarian direction.

turbo-1 said:
Can you dismember your rhetoric of US politics? If not, it is a bit disturbing to handle a Scandinavian-based diatribe with no pesronal motivation. Catch a clue here.

wath is das wroung whith de smarta Greta from das hgigh mönoutingh inn das goutten Schaandinavina ploiticla gennnuies?? :eek:

(:biggrin:)

Proton Soup said:
at this point, I'm leaning in the direction of she was simply convenient. but I'm sure a more complete picture will evolve soon. I've been trying to avoid a discussion of his political beliefs, but based on his videos, i think they're leaning in a libertarian direction.

I think you're right, with the exception that I don't think someone with the level of thought disturbance evident in his writing can be said to have politics.

DevilsAvocado said:
A terrible and horrible tragedy...

And serious guys – why all this ballistic talk...?? WTF is going on? This will keep me awake tonight:

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/08/congresswoman-gabrie.html" [Broken]

sarahpac_0.jpg

nismaratwork said:
Oh man... I really really hope, as much as it seems like a fair hypothesis, that such things had nothing to do with this. I really do.

I should note, I was incorrect about the name of the shooter: it is: Jared Lee Laughner, 22 years old, weapons recovered. We'll probably have more answers than anyone wants soon, and hopefully I'm pessimistic and wrong; this was not a bullet that penetrated her skull, and those still in danger won't die. I hope, but I doubt.

nismaratwork said:
Hmmm... that SS reference really stung huh? I'm not offended by the target map, but the, I'm not easily offended. In fact, it takes something like an ex-members views on rape to really get me offended, or something equally atrocious.

The Palin map doesn't offend me either... it's... almost as though you haven't read my posts at all. I'm in the: Loughner is INSANE camp... your side-discussion is meaningless tripe I have no stake in. Forstår? Arroganse. Antagelser. Føl skam.

Of course I don't read what you write any longer. Because you PLAY GAMES.

It was DevilsAvocado and yourself who brought this damn map into this thread to begin with, (with wagging fingers at Palin.)

Last edited by a moderator:
nismaratwork said:
Wow... suddenly mheslep and arildno forget the difference between causal and casual! I wonder what other organizations they're members of... does that mean that every organization they're part of is an offshoot of the DNC?

Arildno: The Tea Party is... the tea party. Period... as much as I'd love to believe that they're an "offshoot" of the RNC. I'd say the Tea Party is, if anything, the Fox News party, and opposed to some extent to the GOP... which is odd.

The tea party is whatever you want it to be. There is no "party". There are no designated leaders. There is no reasoned platform. There is no accountability to voters or reality. It is just a bunch of angry people lapping up the hype from Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, and anyone else yelling into a microphone and exploiting our precious right to freedom of speech, for money.

To me, what probably matters more than any definite link between Palin or Fox, and this shooting, is the fact that there could be one. They have made their beds. They chose to exploit the masses. They chose to lie; to exploit fear and anger. Now they have to live with the consequences of their actions. There will always be a question in people's minds as to whether Palin caused this or not. It will never go away.

nismaratwork said:
I think you're right, with the exception that I don't think someone with the level of thought disturbance evident in his writing can be said to have politics.

i disagree, but i also don't want to come across like I'm blaming libertarians for him just because i think he was bent in that direction. their mainstream ideology rejects the use of force, anyway.

WhoWee said:
I'm a little confused - do you have a link with Glenn Beck telling anyone to shoot a politician? I've heard him say the exact opposite.

It’s very easy to get a little confused if you just bump in and hit on the first post you see, without getting the full context in earlier posts.

arildno said:
Of course I don't read what you write any longer. Because you PLAY GAMES.

It was DevilsAvocado and yourself who brought this damn map into this thread to begin with, not me. (with wagging fingers at Palin.)

I had nothing to do with the map, but you're right, I love games; I'm a big fan of Hearts, Egyptian Ratscrew, Go, and some videogames. Other than that, it seems that you've just melted down into insults.

So, joking aside, what games am I playing?! I've been pretty damned clear about my view on this, even if you can't be bothered to read Min Buhund gutt.

Proton Soup said:
i disagree, but i also don't want to come across like I'm blaming libertarians for him just because i think he was bent in that direction. their mainstream ideology rejects the use of force, anyway.

AFAIK you're correct, but again, I'm just not convinced that his mental status allows for something like a real ideology... then again you said leaning only. I guess we'll see over the coming months... as much as can be gleaned from this little ****.

Ivan Seeking said:
The tea party is whatever you want it to be. There is no "party". There are no designated leaders. There is no reasoned platform. There is no accountability to voters or reality. It is just a bunch of angry people lapping up the hype from Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, and anyone else yelling into a microphone and exploiting our precious right to freedom of speech, for money.

To me, what probably matters more than any definite link between Palin or Fox, and this shooting, is the fact that there could be one. They have made their beds. They chose to exploit the masses. They chose to lie; to exploit fear and anger. Now they have to live with the consequences of their actions. There will always be a question in people's minds as to whether Palin caused this or not. It will never go away.

Yes... this is going to be a political issue for a long time, but... I don't agree with you Ivan. I would if this guy didn't have the history he did in school and with the law and military, but as it is...

Why Giffords?... and really I think that trying to glean more than a general sense of his mental state from what we know is premature. I would be surprised if this turned out to be that simple to be honest... I think this guy had a grudge because of his failures vs. his perceived superiority.

jreelawg said:
... Certainly if such a thing were true, it would be cause for concern, and violent revolution would be considered under this premise heroic. Is it true?

Well, the "Second Revolution" flag seems to be ready for delivery...

400px-Second_Revolution_Flag_2x3.svg.png

And I still haven’t got any answers on how Sarah Palin gets 30% in the polls...?

There seems to be some hope and no hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgec9WX21ik

Wow... what the hell is that flag?! That looks like the confederate flag, the US flag, and the union jack ****ed a centurion.

nismaratwork said:
Why Giffords?...

He got a letter from her...

The most likely reason why this crazy guy shot Giffords was that she was a down-to-earth politician who liked to mingle freely among her voters. An irresistible magnet to a guy who thought that through the control of grammar, politicians exercised mind control. Finally, he could come close to one of them.

And no, IvanSeeking, Sarah Palin had nothing whasoever to do with this killing, however much you desire that connection to exist.

DevilsAvocado said:
He got a letter from her...

I thought that was just a mass-mailing? I honestly don't know, but why would she send him a personal letter? God, if he just picked her because of a mailing... ugly... that is UGLY.

arildno: Now THAT... makes sense. Access, and the ability to vilify her given time... yeah, that works.

DevilsAvocado said:
And I thought you guys were the experts here!? :grumpy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

Oh man, we have to LIVE with these nuts... I try not to pay attention to them outside of PF discussions... too upsetting.

...and thanks for the link... I SHOULD have known that one.

I don't think Jared Lee Loughner had any particular antipathy to Gabrielle Giffords at all.

If he had had that, he would have ranted about it on Youtube and MySpace, and we had heard about it already.

We DO however, have a message that he could feel like killing a...policeman.

Now, what a mouth-watering event it would be to him that a high-ranking, "evil" politician would come close to where he lived, who, moreover, didn't have any bodyguards. Now THAT would make a better target than anyone else, wouldn't it?

The whole massacre was apolitical.
That is why, for example, it is sheer malevolence from people like Paul Krugman in the New York Times to link him up to the Palin crowd.

nismaratwork said:
...and thanks for the link... I SHOULD have known that one.

It's cool. :)

CNN: Shooter was turned down when buying ammo at Wal-Mart.

nismaratwork said:
I thought that was just a mass-mailing?

"A letter" was all I heard from CNN, maybe mass-mail, don’t know...

Ivan Seeking said:

Are you aware that Bill Hemmer interviewed Rep. Gabrielle Giffords the day before on FOX? I heard the interview, it was very pleasant and they discussed how she refers to herself as a former Republican and considered by some to be a Conservative Democrat. As mentioned earlier, she participated in the reading of the Constitution. She was quite optimistic about the progress that would be made in the next Congress.

The FOX coverage was quite positive of her - again, the DAY BEFORE the shooting!

DevilsAvocado said:
It’s very easy to get a little confused if you just bump in and hit on the first post you see, without getting the full context in earlier posts.

I'll ask again - do you have a direct link of Beck calling for an action of this type?

Ivan Seeking said:

Ivan, I want to join your party. You are the smartest guy around here.

DevilsAvocado said:
Well, the "Second Revolution" flag seems to be ready for delivery...

400px-Second_Revolution_Flag_2x3.svg.png

And I still haven’t got any answers on how Sarah Palin gets 30% in the polls...?

There seems to be some hope and no hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgec9WX21ik

Why is this allowed to continue - what is the topic of this thread? Is this thread about the popularity of Palin?

Last edited:
WhoWee said:
I'll ask again - do you have a direct link of Beck calling for an action of this type?

If you have read the earlier posts and still don’t understand, why should I explain again??

WhoWee said:
Why is this allowed to continue

Freedom of speech

DevilsAvocado said:
Freedom of speech

Not if it means breaking the rules.

WhoWee said:
Not if it means breaking the rules.

And you make the rules?

500px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

The Gadsden Flag is a favorite among the Tea Party movement nationwide

DevilsAvocado said:
And you make the rules?

500px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

The Gadsden Flag is a favorite among the Tea Party movement nationwide

No, but I've been told to follow them enough times to know when something is out of bounds. Would you like to ask for moderation?

<h2>1. Who is Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?</h2><p>Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Arizona's 8th congressional district from 2007 to 2012.</p><h2>2. What happened to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?</h2><p>In 2011, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head during a public event in Tucson, Arizona. She survived the shooting, but suffered severe injuries that required months of rehabilitation.</p><h2>3. Who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?</h2><p>The shooter was identified as Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old man who had a history of mental health issues. He was sentenced to life in prison for the shooting.</p><h2>4. How many people were killed in the shooting?</h2><p>Six people were killed in the shooting, including a federal judge and a nine-year-old girl. Thirteen others were injured, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.</p><h2>5. What was the impact of the shooting on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' political career?</h2><p>Rep. Gabrielle Giffords resigned from her position in Congress in 2012 to focus on her recovery. However, she remains an influential figure in politics and continues to advocate for gun control and other issues she is passionate about.</p>

1. Who is Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Arizona's 8th congressional district from 2007 to 2012.

2. What happened to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

In 2011, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head during a public event in Tucson, Arizona. She survived the shooting, but suffered severe injuries that required months of rehabilitation.

3. Who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

The shooter was identified as Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old man who had a history of mental health issues. He was sentenced to life in prison for the shooting.

4. How many people were killed in the shooting?

Six people were killed in the shooting, including a federal judge and a nine-year-old girl. Thirteen others were injured, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

5. What was the impact of the shooting on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' political career?

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords resigned from her position in Congress in 2012 to focus on her recovery. However, she remains an influential figure in politics and continues to advocate for gun control and other issues she is passionate about.