Register to reply

Every thing is energy.

by Larry Farmer
Tags: energy, thing
Share this thread:
Larry Farmer
May2-14, 09:56 PM
P: 13
Everything is energy. I like to see someone refute this, to help me understand better Einstein's E =MC2, which seems to say all matter is composed of energy. I believe this may be the key to a unified theory.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
ModusPwnd
May2-14, 10:08 PM
P: 1,071
Energy has a particular unit. That which does not have the unit of energy is not energy. Charge, for example, does not have the unit of energy and thus is not energy.
Larry Farmer
May2-14, 10:24 PM
P: 13
you are speaking of the measurement of energy, not energy its self. For instance atoms are energy, the specific amount of energy is not important here, as are the things that make up atoms, be it quarks photons strings or whatever. further more energy may have a unit. Just because you don't know what that unit is, does not mean it is not energy. I have gas in my car, the unit of energy it will supply to me is unknown at this time, but it is still potential energy.

Drakkith
May2-14, 10:32 PM
Mentor
P: 11,892
Every thing is energy.

Quote Quote by Larry Farmer View Post
Everything is energy. I like to see someone refute this, to help me understand better Einstein's E =MC2, which seems to say all matter is composed of energy. I believe this may be the key to a unified theory.
And where does the equation say that matter is energy? Matter is nowhere in that equation.
DaleSpam
May2-14, 10:42 PM
Mentor
P: 17,338
Quote Quote by Larry Farmer View Post
I like to see someone refute this
That isn't the way that this forum works. We don't discuss personal speculation even for the purpose of shooting it down.

Register to reply