Register to reply

Friendliest Chemistry Textbook

by rputra
Tags: general chemistry, text book
Share this thread:
rputra
Jun24-14, 08:55 PM
P: 4
I am about to take a teacher certification test for HS Chemistry. I would love to get suggestions from you on the friendliest textbook available out there for self studying, since I will study entirely on my own. The scope would be about two-semester introductory college level, I would also appreciate any suggestion on any other resources in the internet. Thank you for your time and help.
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell disease
Simulations for better transparent oxide layers
Characterizing strontium ruthenate crystals for electrochemical applications
bacte2013
Jun25-14, 02:32 PM
P: 28
"Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, at all. and "Chemistry" by Chang are really good general chemistry textbooks. They have really good explanations and the problems are not quite rigorous. If you want really rigorous, in-depth general chemistry textbook, I strongly recommend "Principles of Modern Chemistry" by Oxtoby, at all.
thankz
Jun25-14, 04:42 PM
P: 60
picked up chem by chang for a penny on amazon, but I have an easier book called fundamentals of general, organic and biological chemistry by holum, got that for a penny also, got paulings book but it isn't that good on explanations.

bacte2013
Jun26-14, 02:11 AM
P: 28
Friendliest Chemistry Textbook

Linus Pauling's general chemistry textbook is quite advanced for the introductory level. It is best to read that book after completion of the general chemistry and good knowledge in the mathematics/.

Register to reply