Deciphering Insane Text Messages: Can PF Help?

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, the sender of the text messages is trying to interview for a job at ULI, but they are having some difficulty with proper grammar and text message abbreviations. They think the person's number might be from the Philippines, and they are trying to figure out what the abbreviations might mean.
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My girlfriend has been receiving crazy text messages on her new phone, ever since she got it. Finally, the crazy person began calling her, realized she had the wrong number, and we think the messages are therefore stopped. However, we've been having a good time trying to decipher these insane text messages. We thought maybe the PF community would be able to help.

Here's one:

Code:
Gud pm agnes c baby
wong.Musta n?Me
intrvw uli me s apr 4
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u
so much.

Anyone here speak insane-text-message-ese?

- Warren

Physics news on Phys.org
Blah Blah Blah, Please help me. Thank you so much. :smile:

I got "Good evening Agnes" out of the beginning, and then the part mattmns already figured out. Oy! No wonder kids can't write a coherent sentence anymore!

Good night, a german never eats sausage see baby we only need granola. Mustn't we, no? My interview under libertarian instructions is April 4. Oh my god. Back so kwikly like ickly then we gettin' nasty ok no good my butter churn. Please help me. Thank you so much.

Jeff Ford said:
Good night, a german never eats sausage see baby we only need granola. Mustn't we, no? My interview under libertarian instructions is April 4. Oh my god. Back so kwikly like ickly then we gettin' nasty ok no good my butter churn. Please help me. Thank you so much.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Code:
Gud pm agnes c baby
wong.Musta n?Me
intrvw uli me s apr 4
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u
so much.
I don't speak but I'll help you
Gud-It starts and with a constantant and has vowel in the middle.
I think it might be alterntive spelling for God,Good,
pm:It look like an ancroynom but I'am not sure for what(I don't think it's the same PM on PF)
agnes:I think it's a name
c:see
baby:baby
wong:might be an name
Musta:It's an noun
n:This this one is a trickey one but it might be a shoter spelling for in
intrvw:Interview?
uil:maybe You will
apr 4:April 4th
umga:I can't tell
BK:Buger king?It's an arcynom but that was my best guess
skil:I don't know
Pls help me:Please help me
Translation so far
Good evening Anges see baby wong.Musta in?Me interview you will "see me"(It's just a guess) "on" april 4 umaga.Buger king skil twgn k ng
mbc.Please help me.
I think he needs help with interview(probally needing help with proper english:biggrin: )

Yeah, we got the obvious stuff:

Good evening Agnes... something about an interview on April 4th... Please help me, thank you so much.

We're thinking maybe "Bk skli twgn k ng mbc" is an english-alphabet transliteration of a foreign language, because we can't think of any english words which might be abbreviated by "twgn."

If it helps, we think the person's number is from the Phillipines, so maybe it's transliterated Filipino. (011639...)

- Warren

Jeff Ford said:

:rofl: :rofl: Good... lord... that... was... funny!

- Warren

chroot said:
Yeah, we got the obvious stuff:

Good evening Agnes... something about an interview on April 4th... Please help me, thank you so much.

We're thinking maybe "Bk skli twgn k ng mbc" is an english-alphabet transliteration of a foreign language, because we can't think of any english words which might be abbreviated by "twgn."

If it helps, we think the person's number is from the Phillipines, so maybe it's transliterated Filipino. (011639...)

- Warren
It doesn't help that it's interspersed with bad grammar :rolleyes:...if you can call it that...along with text message abbreviations.

I think it's say "Me interview..." meaning, "My interview..."

Still can't figure out "uli.' Maybe that's where the interview is (one google result that sounds possible: http://www.uli.com.tw/eng/index_eng.php). My interview (at uli) is April 4 (umga).

I was wondering if umga is a location, and learned it's one of the Aleutian Islands, so maybe his interview for ULi, is on Umga Island. :biggrin: (This is sort of fun, like a word puzzle...though I can't see how this form of communication is at all efficient when it's so ambiguous to translate!)

I'm thinking "Bk" is back, meaning something about his return.

Edit: Even this "translator" can't figure it out! :rofl: http://www.transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl?convertPL

Last edited:
I'm scared, what the hell O_O

EDIT: Call the kid and ask him/her.

EDIT2: Why did the germans need the enigma when they could have used this?

Last edited:
moose said:
EDIT2: Why did the germans need the enigma when they could have used this?
:rofl: Maybe because they actually needed to be able to translate it at the other end? :rofl:

This could still be useful for cryptography. I believe we may have stumbled upon a perfect entropy source!

You can find most of the words(umga, uli,... in urban dictionary!

wong: wild old nasty gal:tongue:

Well, I wasn't going to mention that interpretation (too vulgar to link here), but even that makes no sense unless this person somehow has text message tourette's syndrome.

Lisa! said:
You can find most of the words(umga, uli,... in urban dictionary!

wong: wild old nasty gal:tongue:

Could be coincidence. We're dealing with three-letter and four-letter words here.

chroot said:
My girlfriend has been receiving crazy text messages on her new phone, ever since she got it. Finally, the crazy person began calling her, realized she had the wrong number, and we think the messages are therefore stopped. However, we've been having a good time trying to decipher these insane text messages. We thought maybe the PF community would be able to help.

Here's one:

Code:
Gud pm agnes c baby
wong.Musta n?Me
intrvw uli me s apr 4
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u
so much.

Anyone here speak insane-text-message-ese?

- Warren

It's tagalog. Since text messaging is predominantly popular in the Phillippines, it's most likely a message that got redirected.

Here's a translation: Gud pm agnes c baby - (Good private message Agnes c baby.)
wong - (most likely the caller's name)
musta n? - (how are you?) Me - (me)
intrvw uli me s apr 4 - (I will be interviewed again on April 4)
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng - (In the morning I may call you again. Umaga = morning)
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u - mbc - (dont know what that means, most likely an abrrev. for something) Tnks u so much.- (Thank you so much)

Last edited:
Show us more. Was fun to read everyone's responses :rofl:

Funny interpretations! hehee

Gud pm agnes c baby
wong.Musta n?Me
intrvw uli me s apr 4
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u
so much.

Good PM (afternoon), Agnes.
(Then asks for a baby named, WOng). How's baby Wong?
I have another interview this April 4,
morning. Maybe MBC (name of the company) will call you. (maybe to ask for reference)
Please help me (asking for back-up/support on his/her application)
Thank you so much.

Gud (good)
Musta n? (How are you?)
Me (Meron or There is/are)
intrve (interview)
uli (again/another)
me (me)
s (on)
unga (morning)
Bk skli (baka in tagalog or maybe)
twgn (call)
k (short for ka or you)
MBC (name of company)

"help me obi wan kenobee, you're my only hope!"

Gud pm agnes--Good pm/afternoon,
c baby wong.- Perhaps wong is the name of the sender?
Musta n?- How are you?
Me intrvw uli me s apr 4 umga.- I have another interview at 4 a.m.
Bk skli twgn k ng mbc.- Perhaps maybe mbc will call you
Pls help me.Tnks u so much.
I based it on the position of the periods.

Good evening anges, see baby I was wrong. Mustang? I interviews your limes on april 4th ummmkay? Burger king skillet twanging mabye, see? Please help me I so crazy. Thanks u so much.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
Good evening anges, see baby I was wrong. Mustang? I interviews your limes on april 4th ummmkay? Burger king skillet twanging mabye, see? Please help me I so crazy. Thanks u so much.
:rofl:

God please make angels see baby wong. Understand? Me interview u like sunday april 4 um... god. Bless my twins k, n mayb we see. Please help me. Thnks u so much.

I just realized that this thread is old... but I think I finally got it! She was trying to text message god because he was not answering her prayers regarding her sick baby. Perhaps she was trying random numbers.

This is a case that argues against rules barring thread necromancy.

Obviously the w in wong is a typo. Its a song! A new country/rap song. He's real close to some umga umga twnging lyrics but still needs some help from his baby.

D H said:
This is a case that argues against rules barring thread necromancy.

Obviously the w in wong is a typo. Its a song! A new country/rap song. He's real close to some umga umga twnging lyrics but still needs some help from his baby.
Whoa, D_H into rap? :bugeye:

I have three sons in their early twenties and I live in Texas. The umga umga and twnging stuff are directly adjacent on the radio dial here.

D H said:
A new country/rap song.

Country rap? Now that would be pretty new. Somehow, I can't even get my mind to entertain the idea enough to envision what that possibly would sound like. :bugeye:

What's so surprising? Common themes include trailer-trash women, prison, drugs, ...

And its real. Toby Keith, Kid Rock, ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country-rap

Edited to add:

Warning: If you have a mouthful of soda, swallow now. I will not bear responsibility for a messy screen.
Country-rap is the addition of country music influences under hip hop music-style rapping. The style is known by several other names, such as "hick hop," "hill hop," "hip hopry," and "country hip hop".​

Last edited:
D H said:
What's so surprising? Common themes include trailer-trash women, prison, drugs, ...
So they're all writing about Britney Spears? Still, really different sounds.

And its real. Toby Keith, Kid Rock, ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country-rap
Oh, you're right! Wow, I never really thought of it that way, but I guess it is. Weird. I like the song "I want to talk about me," by Toby Keith. I guess I usually hear just the middle on the radio, so don't catch the really rappy beginning.
http://www.cmt.com/videos/toby-keith/26546/i-wanna-talk-about-me.jhtml

Edited to add:

Warning: If you have a mouthful of soda, swallow now. I will not bear responsibility for a messy screen.
Thanks for the warning! :rofl:
Country-rap is the addition of country music influences under hip hop music-style rapping. The style is known by several other names, such as "hick hop," "hill hop," "hip hopry," and "country hip hop".​

I like the name "hick hop" :rofl: But definitely would've been spitting liquids on my screen without the warning.

since i stumble upon this forum when i accidentally searching for text quotes i'll explain this one for you guys, its actually a language and its in Filipino (Tagalog) language and i'll explain to you the exact language coz the message use some of the text speak that they usually do...

actual text message:
Gud pm agnes c baby
wong.Musta n?Me
intrvw uli me s apr 4
umga.Bk skli twgn k ng
mbc.Pls help me.Tnks u
so much.

Filipino (Tagalog) Language
Good evening agnes si baby
wong. Kamusta na, Me interview ulit ako sa april 4
umaga. Baka sakali tawagan k ng
MBC. Please help me. Thank you
so much

actually its a mixed english and filipino word so...
in Plain English XD The actual translation is..

Good evening agnes, how is baby wong
I have interview on April 4, Morning
In case the MBC will call (MBC name of the company)
Please help me. Thank you so much.

thats it guys... :)

I once got voice messages saying: "Orlando!, Orlando!" (my guess is that the woman was in sore need of a vacation) Ah and imagine that in a middle aged woman's spanish accent. :biggrin:
The annoying part was that she wasted my money, because the phone service charges me to listen to these, voice messages.

"Orlando" is just Spanish for the name Roland. She was trying to reach a guy named Orlando.

When I first got a cell phone I kept having people call me in Spanish...

Ben Niehoff said:
"Orlando" is just Spanish for the name Roland. She was trying to reach a guy named Orlando.

Oh, it doesn't matter whether it was a person or a vacation (my joke, if you didn't get it), she would be still wasting my money by making me listen to that ridiculous voice message.
The situation is just like the above message which was in tagalog.

1. What is PF?

PF stands for "Pattern Finder", a tool used in deciphering text messages to identify common patterns and meanings.

2. How can PF help in deciphering insane text messages?

PF can help by analyzing the text messages and identifying any recurring patterns or keywords that may provide clues to the meaning of the message.

3. Is PF a reliable tool for deciphering text messages?

PF is a useful tool, but it should not be solely relied upon for deciphering text messages. It is important to also consider the context and tone of the messages, as well as any personal knowledge of the sender.

4. Are there any limitations to using PF for deciphering text messages?

Yes, PF may not be able to decipher all text messages, especially if they are written in a highly cryptic or coded manner. It is also important to note that the accuracy of PF's analysis depends on the quality and quantity of the input data.

5. Can PF decipher text messages in different languages?

Yes, PF has the ability to analyze text messages in different languages, but its accuracy may vary depending on the language and the complexity of the message.