Looking for a fiber optics paper

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for an interesting paper on using an electro-optic phase modulator and spatial light modulator to generate and shape bandwidth on a pulse. The output pulses were several hundred femtoseconds wide. The person is looking for the paper and has been using ISI to search, but without success. The suggestion to check browser history is made, but it does not go back far enough.
StatusX
Homework Helper
I found an interesting paper a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. The paper concerned using an electro-optic (LiNbO3) phase modulator to generate bandwidth on a pulse, and then using a spatial light modulator to shape the bandwidth and get a nice clean compressed pulse out. I think the output pulses were several hundred femtoseconds wide, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm wondering if anyone either knows of the paper or can recommend a way I can go about looking for it. I've been using ISI to search, just putting in key words that seem to fit, but I haven't come up with anything. Thanks a lot.

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you have access to the browser you used to find the paper initially, you might be able to use the "History" button to look back to the days when you think your found it, and expand the tree to see if you recognize the site that served up the paper.

Unfortunately my history doesn't go back far enough. Thanks for the suggestion though.

1. What is fiber optics and its applications?

Fiber optics is a technology that uses thin, transparent fibers made of glass or plastic to transmit data in the form of light signals. It is widely used in telecommunications, internet connections, cable television, and medical imaging.

2. How does fiber optics work?

Fiber optics work by using the principle of total internal reflection. Light signals travel through the fiber optic cable, bouncing off the walls of the fiber due to the difference in refractive index between the core and cladding. This allows for the signals to travel long distances without significant loss of data.

3. What are the advantages of using fiber optics?

Fiber optics offer several advantages over traditional copper wires, including higher bandwidth, faster data transmission, and immunity to electromagnetic interference. They are also thinner, lighter, and more durable, making them ideal for long-distance communication and harsh environments.

4. How do I choose the right fiber optics paper for my research?

When looking for a fiber optics paper, consider the specific topic or aspect of fiber optics that you are interested in. Look for papers published in reputable journals or written by experts in the field. Also, consider the publication date to ensure you are using the most up-to-date information.

5. What are some current research areas in fiber optics?

Some current research areas in fiber optics include improving data transmission speeds, developing new fiber optic materials, and exploring applications in fields such as medicine, environmental monitoring, and defense. Other areas of interest include studying the effects of fiber bending and developing methods for fiber optic sensing.