Got the co-op with IBM thanks for the advice all

• Thread starter mr_coffee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, a co-op is a program that allows students to gain practical work experience related to their field of study while still in school. To get a co-op with IBM, it is important to research the company, network, and highlight relevant skills and experience. The benefits of a co-op with IBM include hands-on experience, valuable skills, and potential job opportunities. Anyone who meets the eligibility requirements can apply for a co-op with IBM, but it is important to have a strong application to stand out among the competition.</p>In summary, a co-op program, also known as cooperative education, offers students the opportunity to gain practical work experience in their field of study while still in school. This typically involves alternating between periods of full-time
mr_coffee
Hello everyone!

Just letting you know I got the co-op for the summer and fall with IBM! They are moving me down mid May to NC to work with the zSeries team! Very excited.

-Cory
:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats! If you see an exciting/motivating wrinkle in your co-op work, don't shy away from letting your mentor know about it, and DO jump at the chance to pursue it, if you are afforded the choice. Initiative is highly regarded in well-regulated programs. Good luck.

I wish you good luck!

good luck with that co-op.

1. What is a co-op?

A co-op, short for cooperative education, is a program that allows students to gain practical work experience related to their field of study while still in school. It typically alternates between periods of full-time work and full-time study.

2. How did you get a co-op with IBM?

I applied for the co-op program through IBM's website and went through a series of interviews and assessments. I also received valuable advice from others who have gone through the process before, which helped me stand out as a candidate.

3. What advice do you have for someone looking to get a co-op with IBM?

Make sure to research the company and the specific co-op program you are interested in. Network with current or former IBM employees, and practice for interviews and assessments. Also, highlight any relevant experience or skills on your application.

4. What are the benefits of a co-op with IBM?

The benefits of a co-op with IBM include gaining hands-on experience in a professional setting, developing valuable skills, and potentially securing a job offer after graduation. Co-ops also often provide a competitive salary and the opportunity to network with industry professionals.

5. Can anyone apply for a co-op with IBM?

Yes, anyone who meets the eligibility requirements can apply for a co-op with IBM. However, the competition for these positions is high, so it is important to have a strong application and stand out as a candidate.