Design calculator for Condensers, evaporators, heat pumps

In summary, the conversation is about finding a good calculator for condenser, evaporator, or heat pump design. One person recommends a calculator on the website rae-corp.com, while another suggests contacting Carrier for a trial version. The person who recommended the rae-corp calculator apologizes for forgetting about the password requirement and suggests contacting the company for one. Another person mentions finding a program called evap-cond, but plans to test it with proven designs instead of using CFD software.
eaboujaoudeh
Hey guys

Anyone knows a good calculator for condenser, evaporator, or heat pump design? common unknown parameters would be number of passes, or length of columns, depth or rows...

Thnks

Engineering news on Phys.org
These guys have one that works pretty well (under "downloads" it's the "total package" : https://www.rae-corp.com

Carrier makes one that is pretty good as well, though you'll have to contact a sales engineer/rep for a trial version.

Last edited by a moderator:
thnx man

very helpfull

i just finished downloading the package from rae-corp. they are asking for a password ! damn

Hmm... It has been a while since I used it and I guess I forgot about that... Sorry. Depending on your situation, though, they may be inclined to give you one.

ahh..thnx
besides today i found another program something called evap-cond. i just have to test it with proven designs. definitely not going to test it on CFD software :)

1. How does a design calculator for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps work?

A design calculator for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps is a tool that uses mathematical equations and thermodynamic principles to determine the appropriate size and specifications for these components in a refrigeration or air conditioning system. It takes into account factors such as desired temperature, refrigerant type, and heat load to provide accurate calculations.

2. What are the benefits of using a design calculator for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps?

Using a design calculator can save time and ensure optimal performance of these components in a refrigeration or air conditioning system. It can also help reduce the risk of errors and the need for costly corrections during the design process.

3. Are there different types of design calculators for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps?

Yes, there are various types of design calculators available, including online calculators, software programs, and physical calculators. Some may be tailored for specific refrigerant types or system configurations.

4. Can a design calculator for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps be used for different types of refrigerants?

Many design calculators have the capability to calculate for multiple refrigerant types. However, it is important to check with the specific calculator or consult a refrigeration expert to ensure accuracy for a particular refrigerant.

5. How accurate are the calculations from a design calculator for condensers, evaporators, and heat pumps?

The accuracy of the calculations will depend on the input data and the complexity of the system. Generally, design calculators provide reliable and precise calculations, but it is still recommended to verify the results with an experienced refrigeration engineer.