More popular: Simpsons or Seinfeld?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation compares the shows Seinfeld and The Simpsons and discusses which one is more enjoyable and popular. While some prefer Seinfeld for its smart and brilliant humor, others argue that The Simpsons is more popular with its longer run and feature film. The conversation also touches on other aspects such as celebrity cameos and the decline of both shows. Overall, opinions are divided but it is clear that both shows have made a significant impact on TV history.

Which do you enjoy more, The Simpsons or Seinfeld?

• Both equally

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The Simpsons

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters
cyrusabdollahi said:
Thats the perfect reason not to like something. :rolleyes:

For me it is.

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, this is revealing. If the question (as per thread title) is which is more popular and not (as per poll title) which do you think is better, I think I have some pretty clear evidence that The Simpsons is the winner.

If you check Amazon's "most popular" sales for television DVDs, you will find ALL 10 available seasons of The Simpsons in the top 90. In fact season 10 is in there twice (once for the collector's edition pack). The Simpsons owns 11% of the top 100 sales in TV DVDs.

Only one of the eight seasons of Seinfeld is in the top 100 (Season 8, at 47)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestselle...950760-5731932?ie=UTF8&pg=1&tag=pfamazon01-20
This page is continually updated, so if you are necroposting in the future, you're a dweeb.

Of course, popular music popularity is often dictated by 13-year-old girls.

I voted Simpsons. Seinfeld would start out with a good joke, and then beat it to DEATH. It was more annoying than funny. I haven't watched The Simpsons in a while, so don't know if it's currently any good, but when I used to watch them regularly, they were hilarious. And, when I catch an episode here and there, they've still been fairly amusing...way more amusing than Seinfeld ever was.

russ_watters said:
Have you? Is a masturbation competition "intelligent humor"? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I thought Seinfeld was ok, but highbrow humor? No way.

Ok "intelligent humor", wrong word. It's not directly obvious. You have to pay attention to detail. Not detecting sarcasm is dangerous. This roughly describes the majority of the humor you find in Seinfeld. Whatever the humor of Simpsons happens to be, it's not as great. I'd watch Family Guy or South Park ANYDAY over Simpsons.

Last edited: