Who does not like the Simpsons and why?

• Thread starter Ratzinger
  • Start date
In summary: I used to watch Lil' Bush all the time when I was younger, but I haven't seen it in a while.I used to watch The Boondocks all the time when I was younger, but I haven't seen it in a while.In summary, South Park is better than The Simpsons, but Family Guy is the funniest.
Ratzinger
Could you come forward?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, dude... I love 'em.

I don't particularly care for them. But I don't watch television nor do I own one.

South Park > The Simpsons.

old. OLD!

omega_M said:
South Park > The Simpsons.

terribly wrong

They were very funny (read: cleverly written) somewhere in the middle season but later seasons seemed to lose that good writing and they seemed to become just another sitcom with vapid plots.

Now, for me it's Family Guy.

That is, when I can't watch Robot Chicken.

Robot Chicken is my god.

I love pre 2001 simpsons. They have run out of ideas now and I find the characters more or less annoying.

Oddly my parents used to hate the simpsons and now I hear them quoting the show. This may have something to do with DaveC and Greg's observations.

Last edited:
I agree with the obversation that the series fall off a long time ago.

But taken the first six seasons and especially the movie that just came out, I can't understand how people can't find it funny.

I don't like the Simpsons. I don't get how people say it is 'witty' while 'providing social commentary'. Yes, I have heard that. Maybe because I am not American. I just have never found it funny, that's all. Family Guy still seems like an imitation to me, but I like it slightly better.

Yes, Simpsons are decent, South Park (usually) is better, but why is everyone forgetting The Boondocks, Drawn Together, and Lil' Bush? Every episode of these I've seen has left me laughing so hard my guts ache.

simpsons has been using too much space filler and lame jokes lately.

i can't stand family guy. the way they use a moderately funny joke then replaying it about 5 or 8 times just makes me change the channel. if they only did that type of thing once in a while it wouldn't be so bad but they do it like 2 or 3 times an episode.

southpark has its space filler and lame jokes but they also have some really funny, original stuff too

devil-fire said:
i can't stand family guy. the way they use a moderately funny joke then replaying it about 5 or 8 times just makes me change the channel. if they only did that type of thing once in a while it wouldn't be so bad but they do it like 2 or 3 times an episode.
Ah! No accounting for taste.

The scene where he skins his knee is priceless. (and quite perceptive too, who doesn't know that skinning your knee takes a looooooooooooong time for the pain to wear off?)

daveb said:
Yes, Simpsons are decent, South Park (usually) is better, but why is everyone forgetting The Boondocks, Drawn Together, and Lil' Bush? Every episode of these I've seen has left me laughing so hard my guts ache.

I love The Boondocks. I wish they were still making more episodes.

1. Why do some people not like the Simpsons?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone may not like the Simpsons. Some people may not enjoy the humor or find it too crude. Others may not appreciate the show's satirical take on society. Additionally, some viewers may simply not connect with the characters or storylines.

2. Is there a specific demographic that tends to dislike the Simpsons?

There is no single demographic that can be identified as those who do not like the Simpsons. However, some studies have shown that older viewers tend to be less drawn to the show's humor and style, while younger generations may find it more relatable.

3. Are there any controversial themes or topics in the Simpsons that may turn people off?

Yes, the Simpsons often tackles controversial topics and themes, such as politics, religion, and social issues. This can be off-putting to some viewers who may not agree with the show's stance or find certain jokes offensive.

4. Are there any notable criticisms of the Simpsons that may contribute to some people not liking it?

Over the years, the Simpsons has faced criticism for its declining quality, particularly in the later seasons. Some viewers may have stopped watching the show due to this perceived decline in writing and storytelling.

5. Can someone still appreciate the Simpsons without actually liking it?

Yes, it is possible for someone to appreciate the cultural impact and longevity of the Simpsons without being a fan of the show. The show has influenced many other animated series and has become a staple in popular culture, making it difficult to ignore even for those who do not enjoy it.