PF Email Notifications and Confirmations

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, if people are not receiving their thread notification emails, or account confirmation emails, they can check their UserCP subscriptions and settings to see if they are being sent there instead. Kaotak has had his username written in thin letters for quite long time now, and this may be why he has had his account disabled.
A couple months ago we experienced trouble sending out email. I just want to recheck this and see if people are receiving their thread notification emails and if new members are getting their account confirmation emails. thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
...and if new members are getting their account confirmation emails. thanks!

If they aren't, how would they tell us that? :biggrin:

I have new thread notifications disabled, but I received a few from old threads last Friday.

I wasn't getting any back then but when you did your magic that all changed -- works like a charm.

I'm receiving thread notifications just fine.

Anyone with account disabled is potential victim of email problems. Do you know why some people have their accounts disabled? The kaotak has had his username written in thin letters for quite long time now. Also, what's the Galileo's situation?

Greg Bernhardt, I sent you a PM and an E-mail last week. Did you get the message and/or send a reply?

My e-mail is full, as is my PM box here, so I wouldn't know if something had been sent. In any event, I don't want anything to be sent unless it's someone on PF to whom I've given my address. (Not to say that I don't welcome PM's from people; I just don't have a place to save the old ones right now, so I can't empty the box. E-mails, though, are off limits.)
In any event, the only times that I've received thread updates was when some dumb-ass part of the site software subscribed me to threads that I didn't even know about. It's happened half a dozen times, and I've just gone into my personal space to delete the subscription.

You've managed to fill an email account? Wow.. don't most email accounts have gigabytes of storage nowadays?

Yeah. Most of it's spam. The problem is that I don't know how to 'bulk delete' the stuff. I don't have the patience to select every damned one of them individually and delete them. Likewise, I can't bulk select the ones that I want to save. :mad:
As of today, I have 1,046 messages. 90% of those are from the administrator telling me that the mail is full. :rolleyes:

Yes. My email is spammed too. It slowed down a bit after I turned off notification, but those old threads just won't go away!

Math Jeans said:
Yes. My email is spammed too. It slowed down a bit after I turned off notification, but those old threads just won't go away!

You can go into UserCP and view subscribed threads, and unsubscribe or change the notifications for them there.

Also, you can select to NOT allow any emails be sent from people on PF if you don't want to ever be contacted that way.

1. What is the purpose of PF email notifications and confirmations?

The purpose of PF email notifications and confirmations is to inform users of any important updates or changes related to their account or subscriptions. These notifications can include confirmations of purchases, reminders for upcoming payments, or updates on account settings.

2. How do I sign up for PF email notifications and confirmations?

To sign up for PF email notifications and confirmations, you must have a PF account. Once you have an account, you can enable email notifications and confirmations in your account settings. You can also choose which types of notifications you would like to receive.

3. Can I customize the frequency of PF email notifications and confirmations?

Yes, you can customize the frequency of PF email notifications and confirmations in your account settings. You can choose to receive notifications immediately, daily, weekly, or opt for no email notifications at all.

4. Will I receive email notifications and confirmations for all account activity?

No, you will only receive email notifications and confirmations for important account activity, such as purchases, payments, and changes to your account settings. Other minor account activity may not trigger an email notification.

5. Can I opt-out of PF email notifications and confirmations?

Yes, you can opt-out of PF email notifications and confirmations at any time by adjusting your settings in your account. However, please note that opting out may result in missing important updates or changes related to your account or subscriptions.