MOST difficult circuit ever made

• Engineering
  • Thread starter impaxion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary: What is the limit to the number of measurements you can make?Since there is a different resistance, the measurement across it will be different from the other measurements.
impaxion
How to find different resistance out of 5 same and one different resistance in circuit.?
image of resistances are shown here
http://www.pictures.pk/viewer.php?id=rgh1210158811g.JPG

in which 5 are same and one is different. how to recognize the different resistance in the circuit through ohm meter

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Er, what are the resistances? And you want to find the equivalent resistance between which two points?

we just have to find the different reistance in the circuit...

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand the question. Could you please post the question verbatim?

just paste the link starting with pictures.pk and see the figure:yuck:

impaxion said:
just paste the link starting with pictures.pk and see the figure:yuck:
I have done, but that only shows the diagram. I have no idea what the question is?!

I think you are given circuit and the ohmeter and you are told that 5 resistances are identical, while 6th is different - and you have to find this 6th just by measuring resistance between any points in the circuit.

I also suppose you are not allowed to cut wires :wink:

impaxion: is there a preset limit to number of measurements you can make, or not?

The circuit is symmetric. If all resistances were equal, the measurement across any of them would show the same result (the resistance in parallel with the rest of the circuit).
Since there is a different resistance, the measurement across it will be different from the other measurements

Hootenanny said:
Could you please post the question verbatim?

It might not be in English.

At any rate, I think Borek has provided an accurate phrasing of what is being asked.

Redbelly98 said:
It might not be in English.

At any rate, I think Borek has provided an accurate phrasing of what is being asked.

Possibly true. It may be too hard for english speakers. I can't figure the problem out and I speak english. But I do agree the problem is pretty clear.

impaxion said:
we just have to find the different reistance in the circuit...

As drawn the circuit is symmetric along an axis through the center of the drawing. If you make two resistance measurements from a point on the axis to two symmetrical points off of the axis and get the same value, then the 'different resistance' must be one of the resistors that is rotated into itself by the symmetry, otherwise it's one of the others. That narrows the search down. Now find more symmetry axes. This isn't hard. You can really picture the circuit as lying on the edges of a tetrahedron. That's a good question!

Last edited:

1. What makes a circuit the "most difficult" ever made?

The difficulty of a circuit can be determined by a variety of factors, such as its complexity, size, number of components, and the precision required for its operation. A circuit can also be considered difficult if it has never been successfully designed or if it requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise to create.

2. What are the challenges involved in creating a difficult circuit?

The challenges in creating a difficult circuit include understanding the theoretical concepts and principles behind its operation, selecting the right components, designing and implementing the circuit layout, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the construction process.

3. How do engineers and scientists approach designing a difficult circuit?

Engineers and scientists approach designing a difficult circuit by first thoroughly understanding its purpose and desired functionality. They then use their knowledge of circuit design principles and techniques to create a detailed schematic diagram, which serves as a blueprint for building the circuit. The design process also includes testing and refining the circuit to ensure its accuracy and functionality.

4. Can a difficult circuit be optimized or simplified?

In some cases, a difficult circuit can be optimized or simplified by using more advanced components or techniques. This can help reduce its size, increase its reliability, or improve its performance. However, in many cases, the complexity and difficulty of a circuit are necessary for its intended purpose, and simplification may not be possible without sacrificing its functionality.

5. What are some examples of difficult circuits that have been successfully created?

Examples of difficult circuits that have been successfully created include microprocessors, computer CPUs, advanced medical equipment, and high-speed communication systems. These circuits require a high level of technical expertise and precision to design and construct, but their successful creation has significantly advanced technology and improved our daily lives.