Deck the Halls: Festive Christmas Decorations

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, the PF holiday banner has been updated with new lights and a reduced gold membership cost.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Love the Christmas decorations - so festive :!) !

Physics news on Phys.org
Was that our "small upgrade"?

Ooooo pwweddy lights...

Kurdt said:
Was that our "small upgrade"?

no, I don't need to take the site down to replace a graphic ;)

Thanks Greg!

Where are the decorations? Am I going blind?!

Cache clearance time. :smile:

lisab said:
Love the Christmas decorations - so festive :!) !
I read this and looked through this thread for the Christmas decorations. I didn't see any decorations, so I figured I was missing something.

Then I just noticed the header banner.

Nice touch.

Ho, ho, ho, fa-la-la, fa-la-la,

Merry Chistmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa & Happy Holidays

Kurdt said:
Cache clearance time. :smile:

Ah, now I see it. A lovely touch!

Very festive Greg!

I don't see any difference except for this notice:

Happy Holidays Defennder,
We want to celebrate the holidays by reducing the gold membership cost to only $9.99, that is $5 off the regular price. Take advantage today and feel good about supporting PF! Good only through Jan 2nd. Click here

Or is it supposed to be favicon?

Defennder said:

We want to celebrate the holidays by reducing the gold membership cost to only $9.99, that is $5 off the regular price. Take advantage today and feel good about supporting PF! Good only through Jan 2nd. Click here

Go gold, Defennder! Go gold!

As soon as my bank account stops being negative, you guys get my $15 =P. Can't wait to see the decorations.
happy holidays, everyone.

Defennder said:

Hmmm, so you probably also don't see where the Mystery of Life is explained, simply and elegantly, at the top of each PF page. Well, I'd say it's worth $9.99 to know that. Go Gold, Def!

Thanks for the encouragement, but I haven't figured out how to use PayPal yet. So the new feature are available only to Gold members?

I like the lights, looks good. However, I'd like a nice upside down bowl hanging on the S with spaghetti hanging down the letters like tinsel. :wink:

Wait, why can Cyrus see the festive banner but Defennder cannot?

Yea, so I thought it was a gold member thing. Defennder needs to clear his browser's cache.

Yeah I can see it now. Looks neat!

Wow! Redbelly's gone festive too!

Thanks for noticing! I splurged and got the blinking variety.
th_RedbellyAvatar_XMas_anim04.gif

Ya know, I'll bet if more people became Contributors then Greg could afford cool blinking lights for the PF holiday banner...

1. What materials are commonly used to make Christmas decorations?

Common materials used for Christmas decorations include artificial evergreen branches, ribbons, ornaments, lights, tinsel, and garlands. Other natural materials such as pinecones, berries, and cinnamon sticks are also popular.

2. How do you ensure that your Christmas decorations are safe?

To ensure the safety of Christmas decorations, always check for frayed wires or damaged bulbs on lights. Keep candles away from flammable materials and never leave them unattended. Make sure to use sturdy hooks or hangers for heavy decorations and keep them out of reach of children and pets.

3. What are some popular themes for Christmas decorations?

Popular themes for Christmas decorations include traditional red and green, rustic and natural, winter wonderland, and vintage. Other popular themes include specific characters such as Santa Claus or snowmen, as well as religious themes.

4. How can I make my own Christmas decorations?

There are many DIY tutorials and ideas available online for making your own Christmas decorations. Some common DIY decorations include wreaths, ornaments, and centerpieces. You can also repurpose everyday items such as mason jars or old sweaters to create unique decorations.

5. How do I store my Christmas decorations to keep them in good condition?

To keep your Christmas decorations in good condition, store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Use plastic bins or containers to protect them from dust and pests. Wrap delicate ornaments in tissue paper or bubble wrap. Label each container to easily find specific decorations next year.