Indirect ways of knowing that a girl likes a guy

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary: If she starts making strange poses or being excessively flirtatious, she might like you.In summary, the indirect ways to know if a girl likes you are to do things for her, join causes that she is impassioned with, or join forces to push an idea or project that the guy is interested in. If she responds positively to any of these actions, it is a good indication that she likes you.
tgt
One of the most clearest indirect way to me seems to be if a girl copies a guy's actions or speech.

What indirect ways do you know?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do things for him. Indirectly, by joining causes that he is impassioned with or to join forces to push an idea or project he is interested in.

Lacy33 said:
Do things for him. Indirectly, by joining causes that he is impassioned with or to join forces to push an idea or project he is interested in.

That's very much along the lines in the OP.

I think there would be a temptation to imagine the best scenario here. As a "girl", I advise not trusting any indirect ways but wait for the direct indications that can't be mistaken. And maybe screw up the courage to show that you like her first. Smiling at her? If she doesn't smile back, back off.

Man... How can i annoy Cyrus with a dating/girl problem thread if every one keeps posting new ones!

I'd say that clear signs tend to be that the females likes talking to you and spending time with you. Also you can usually tell if they tend to touch you a lot or by the way that they hug you. Physical contact is a major sign.

Ask her out and kiss her. If she kisses back, it usually means she likes you. If she slaps you, you kissed her too early. If she asks how many credit cards you have before the end of the meal, pretend that you need the restrooms and run away.

tgt said:
That's very much along the lines in the OP.

Perhaps I was feeling very deeply when I responded to the "OP" in thinking that imitation can be meant on in a very shallow way such as wearing the same kind of t shirt and liking the same foods, to working drop dead hard in a charity that the "OP" is impassioned with. Perhaps the "OP" in not impassioned with a charity. In which case this is indeed redundant. Values and behaviors are probably vastly different between the responder and the "OP" due to age difference.

Last edited:
The girl doing something that causes the guy to pursue her is one indirect way - stealing his car sometimes works.

If the girl stalks the guy, that might be indirect sign she likes him.

I mean, seriously, anyone attracted to a guy too dense to know when a girl likes him has to be a psycho.

And any guy imagining that that girl next to him is actually attracted to him is probably a narcissist.

Life finds a balance that way so that all the mentally imbalanced folks eventually find someone to take care of them.

If she sleeps with you, it may (though not always) be a sign that she likes you.

NeoDevin said:
If she sleeps with you, it may (though not always) be a sign that she likes you.

Drunk or sober?

BobG said:
Drunk or sober?
Me or her ?
After of before we left the restaurant ?

If she's sober, and she sleeps with you before you guys leave the restaurant, that's probably a good sign she likes you. If she's drunk enough that she doesn't remember it the next day, no conclusions can be drawn.

BobG said:
The girl doing something that causes the guy to pursue her is one indirect way - stealing his car sometimes works.

:rofl: My brother's last girlfriend was jailed for a car-theft felony... but it wasn't his car.

When she stays married to you for 20 years, you can take the hint.

ga070501.gif

TheStatutoryApe said:
Man... How can i annoy Cyrus with a dating/girl problem thread if every one keeps posting new ones!

I created the thread not for personal reasons. More curiosity.

Lacy33 said:
Perhaps I was feeling very deeply when I responded to the "OP" in thinking that imitation can be meant on in a very shallow way such as wearing the same kind of t shirt and liking the same foods, to working drop dead hard in a charity that the "OP" is impassioned with. Perhaps the "OP" in not impassioned with a charity. In which case this is indeed redundant. Values and behaviors are probably vastly different between the responder and the "OP" due to age difference.

I can see the differences between your post and with the OP's. It's a worthy point.

Honestly - you guys are supposed to be physicists, what about an experiment?
All you have to do is analyse the change her heart rate when she looks at you.

Then it's a simple matter of measuring the force she slaps you with when you try and stick the ECG pads onto her chest!

Check her eyes. If they're dilated when she looks at you, she probably likes you (or she's on drugs).

When she crosses her legs check out her lead foot. If she's pointing it or rocking it towards you, she probably likes you.

Watch her hand gestures. If she's playing with things (her hair, jewelry), rubbing her wrists, or exposing her palms, she probably likes you.

If she starts touching you, she probably likes you.

If all the above signs are good, tell a physics joke. If she laughs, it means she definitely likes you (or she's a nerd, which is even better).

Bob's guidelines are really good. Another indirect sign is if she gives you a discount on the whole hour because you didn't last 5 minutes. Keeper!

You just "know", but to break it down, yeah it involves mirrored body language along with a look in their eyes. You can tell that for some reason they're just really excited to be talking with you, but are trying to suppress their excitement at the same time.

BobG said:
Check her eyes. If they're dilated when she looks at you, she probably likes you (or she's on drugs).

When she crosses her legs check out her lead foot. If she's pointing it or rocking it towards you, she probably likes you.

Watch her hand gestures. If she's playing with things (her hair, jewelry), rubbing her wrists, or exposing her palms, she probably likes you.

If she starts touching you, she probably likes you.

If all the above signs are good, tell a physics joke. If she laughs, it means she definitely likes you (or she's a nerd, which is even better).

a tilt of the head indicates genuine interest in what you're saying

realhmv.jpg

Why can't people figure stuff out for themselves nowadays? I'm sick and tired of those threads. Dating girls isn't rocket science.

I think Bob said it best, but you can never be too sure with even those signs...Us females can be very tricky sometimes.

Werg22 said:
Why can't people figure stuff out for themselves nowadays? I'm sick and tired of those threads. Dating girls isn't rocket science.

No, it is much more complicated than rocket science.

edward said:
No, it is much more complicated than rocket science.

Nah...:biggrin:

Werg22 said:

Hey, don't steal my rant from me. BAN HIM!

Werg22 said:

Yes it is.

appMDzLeT_Q[/youtube]

BobG said:
Yes it is.
Thanks for that reminder of my teenage years.

1. How can I tell if a girl likes me without her directly telling me?

There are several indirect ways of knowing if a girl likes you. Some signs to look for include: prolonged eye contact, finding excuses to touch you, laughing at your jokes, and showing an interest in your hobbies and interests.

2. Is body language a reliable indicator of a girl's feelings towards a guy?

Body language can be a helpful indicator, but it should not be the sole factor in determining if a girl likes you. Some people are naturally more touchy or flirty, so it's important to also pay attention to verbal cues and overall behavior.

3. Are there any specific behaviors or actions that show a girl is interested in a guy?

Some common behaviors that indicate a girl's interest in a guy include: playing with her hair, leaning in towards him, mirroring his actions, and finding ways to be near him. However, every person is different and may show their interest in unique ways.

4. Can indirect ways of knowing if a girl likes a guy be misleading?

Yes, indirect signs can sometimes be misinterpreted. It's important to not rely solely on these signs and to also communicate directly with the girl to understand her true feelings.

5. Is it possible for a girl to like a guy but not show any of the usual signs?

Yes, everyone expresses their feelings differently. Some girls may be more reserved or shy and may not show the typical signs of interest. It's important to get to know the person and their individual behavior to understand their feelings towards you.