A question regarding the titles.

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, there is no set criteria for receiving a medal as a homework helper on Physics Forums. These titles are awarded by the staff based on consistently providing quality help to students in the Homework Forums or demonstrating expertise in a particular field in the technical forums. Nominations for these titles are made by current Homework Helpers, Science Advisors, Mentors, and Administrators.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I was wondering how can one get the prestigious ((-:) titles of homework helper, how many posts one needs to help others in order to get this, or there's something else going on in the process of choosing them?

Thanks in advance, LQG.

Physics news on Phys.org
loop quantum gravity said:
I was wondering how can one get the prestigious ((-:) titles of homework helper, how many posts one needs to help others in order to get this, or there's something else going on in the process of choosing them?

Thanks in advance, LQG.
There is no specific 'criteria' for the awarding of a medal. Homework Helpers are awarded medals for consistently providing quality help to students in the Homework Forums, whereas Science Advisors a recognized for their expertise in a particular field as well as the quality of their posts in the technical forums.

Nominations for Homework Helpers and Science Advisors are made by the staff (current Homework Helpers, Science Advisors, Mentors and Administrators).

Edit: Speedy Gonz-Kurdt beat me to it :tongue2:

OK, then no medal for me cause I am not a frequent user.

1. What is the importance of choosing a good title for a research paper?

A good title is crucial because it immediately captures the reader's attention and gives them a clear idea of what the paper is about. It also helps to make the paper stand out in a sea of other research papers, and can even impact the likelihood of the paper being cited by other researchers.

2. How can I come up with a catchy and informative title for my paper?

One approach is to brainstorm keywords that accurately describe the content of your paper and then combine them in a creative and engaging way. You can also try using a quote or a question as a title, or incorporating puns or wordplay. It can also be helpful to seek feedback from peers or your supervisor.

3. Should the title of my paper be in the form of a question?

While there is no hard and fast rule, it is generally recommended to avoid using a question as the title of a research paper. This is because it may give the impression that your paper is incomplete or lacks a clear argument. It is better to use a declarative statement that summarizes the main point of your paper.

4. Can I change the title of my paper after it has been published?

In most cases, it is not possible to change the title of a published paper. However, if there are major errors or inaccuracies in the title, some journals may allow for a correction to be made. It is important to carefully consider and finalize your title before submitting your paper for publication.

5. Is it necessary to include a subtitle in my paper's title?

Including a subtitle is not mandatory, but it can provide additional context or information about your paper. Subtitles are especially useful for longer or more complex papers, as they can help to clarify the focus or scope of the research. Ultimately, the decision to include a subtitle should be based on what best serves the purpose and clarity of your paper.