Solve for Bmax: Quick Faraday Equation with Transformer Parameters

• Thread starter kishanpatel50
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Faraday
In summary, the Quick Faraday equation is a simplified version of the Faraday equation used to calculate the amount of electricity produced or consumed during an electrochemical reaction. It is derived from the Faraday equation by assuming a constant current and a stoichiometric coefficient of 1. The formula for the Quick Faraday equation is Q = I × t, with units of coulombs (C) for charge, amperes (A) for current, and seconds (s) for time. It has practical applications in battery research and development, as well as in industries like metallurgy.
kishanpatel50
I have this equation and the following values for a transformer

Bmax= (V1)/(4N1fA)

V1=10v, i.e. 20v peak-to-peak
N1=40 turns
f=5000Hz
A=76x10-6 m2

When i substitute in the voltage, do i use the 10v, or the peak to peak, or would i have to convert to Vrms

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
the Faraday equation is

Vpeak= (2 pi f) Bpeak A N

So Bpeak= 10/(6.28 f A N) = 0.104 Tesla

In this equation, V1 represents the peak-to-peak voltage, so you would use the 20V value. However, it is important to note that the equation for Bmax assumes an ideal transformer with no losses. In reality, the actual Bmax value may be lower due to losses in the transformer. Additionally, please note that the units for Bmax in this equation are Tesla (T). If you need to convert to another unit, such as Gauss (G), you will need to use a conversion factor.

What is the Quick Faraday equation?

The Quick Faraday equation is a simplified version of the Faraday equation, which calculates the amount of electricity produced or consumed during an electrochemical reaction. It is commonly used in battery research and development.

How is the Quick Faraday equation derived?

The Quick Faraday equation is derived from the Faraday equation by assuming that the current is constant throughout the reaction and that the stoichiometric coefficient of the reactant is equal to 1. This simplification allows for a quicker and easier calculation of the amount of electricity produced or consumed.

What is the formula for the Quick Faraday equation?

The formula for the Quick Faraday equation is Q = I × t, where Q is the total charge in coulombs, I is the current in amperes, and t is the time in seconds.

What are the units of measurement for the Quick Faraday equation?

The units of measurement for the Quick Faraday equation are coulombs (C) for charge, amperes (A) for current, and seconds (s) for time.

What are some practical applications of the Quick Faraday equation?

The Quick Faraday equation is commonly used in battery research and development, as well as in electrochemical experiments to determine the amount of electricity produced or consumed in a reaction. It is also used in industries such as metallurgy, where it can be used to calculate the amount of electricity needed for certain processes.