What do you think about this graphing calculator?

In summary, the conversation discusses the benefits of purchasing a TI-89 calculator, as it is the standard calculator used in academic settings and thus easier to find help for. The conversation also mentions that TI calculators have a steep learning curve, but it is worth it for the convenience it provides in academic settings. The conversation also mentions a comparison between the TI-89 and HP 50G calculators, with the TI-89 being recommended as the better option.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Its quite a good calculator,
although i would personally recommend a Ti-84+
yes TI s have a steep learning curve especially if you originate from a casio background but you will get used to it i suppose =)

Nice calc, but every math class I have taken, and have witnessed are all TI based. Getting a TI will make it much easier in finding specific keys by asking the professor, because he will most likely have the same model.

MotoH is absolutely right.

When I was looking to buy a calculator, I was torn between and HP 50G and the TI-89 Titanium. A friend of mine who is getting his masters degree in mechanical engineering told me that I should, without a doubt, go with the TI-89. He said given that TI's are pretty much the standard calculator used in academia, you'll have no trouble finding help from teachers or students when you need it. Not so with HP's.

Dembadon said:
MotoH is absolutely right.

When I was looking to buy a calculator, I was torn between and HP 50G and the TI-89 Titanium. A friend of mine who is getting his masters degree in mechanical engineering told me that I should, without a doubt, go with the TI-89. He said given that TI's are pretty much the standard calculator used in academia, you'll have no trouble finding help from teachers or students when you need it. Not so with HP's.

turns out to be true about the ti-89

1. What features does this graphing calculator have?

This graphing calculator has a wide range of features including the ability to graph multiple equations, calculate derivatives and integrals, and create tables and graphs.

2. Is this graphing calculator user-friendly?

Yes, this graphing calculator is designed to be user-friendly with a simple interface and clear instructions for use.

3. Can I use this graphing calculator for advanced math calculations?

Yes, this graphing calculator is designed for advanced math calculations and can handle complex equations and functions.

4. Is this graphing calculator allowed on standardized tests?

It depends on the specific test and its rules. Some standardized tests may allow the use of a graphing calculator, while others may have restrictions on the type of calculator that can be used.

5. How long does the battery last on this graphing calculator?

The battery life of this graphing calculator varies depending on usage, but it typically lasts for several weeks to months before needing to be replaced or recharged.