Continuous Time Convolution Problem

In summary, the person is requesting help with a problem in their EE signals and systems class and is attaching a PDF for review. They are also referencing the book "Signals and Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim. The expert requests more information about the specific problem and the page or section of the book that is being referenced.
EEevil

Homework Statement

Can someone please help me. I have finish the problem but i don't know if its right. Can someone please check my answer. I'm attaching it as a PDF and Its for my EE signals and systems class and the book we are using is signals and systems by Alan V. Oppenheim

convolution1.png

Homework Equations

Continuous time convolution equation.
convolutionequationCT.png

The Attempt at a Solution

Attached as PDF

Attachments

• scan0003.pdf
    622.2 KB · Views: 239
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

I am a scientist with expertise in signals and systems. I would be happy to check your answer and provide feedback.

Can you please provide more information about the specific problem you are working on? This will help me understand the context and provide more accurate feedback. Additionally, could you please provide the specific page or section of the book by Alan V. Oppenheim that you are referencing?

Thank you.

1. What is continuous time convolution problem?

The continuous time convolution problem is a mathematical operation that combines two continuous functions to produce a third function that represents how the shape of one is modified by the other. It is a fundamental concept in signal processing and is used to analyze systems that involve signals changing over time.

2. How is continuous time convolution problem different from discrete time convolution?

Continuous time convolution is an operation on continuous functions, while discrete time convolution is an operation on discrete signals. Continuous time convolution is calculated using integration, while discrete time convolution is calculated using summation. Additionally, continuous time convolution is used for signals that change over time, while discrete time convolution is used for signals that have a discrete number of samples.

3. What are some real-world applications of continuous time convolution problem?

Continuous time convolution is used in a variety of fields, including signal processing, image processing, and control systems. It is used to filter and analyze signals in electronic devices, to enhance images and remove noise, and to model the behavior of systems in engineering and physics.

4. What is the relationship between the convolution integral and the convolution theorem?

The convolution integral is used to calculate the output of a system when the input is a continuous signal. The convolution theorem states that the Fourier transform of the convolution of two functions is equal to the product of their Fourier transforms. This theorem is useful in simplifying the calculation of convolutions, as it allows for the use of the faster Fourier transform algorithm.

5. How can I solve a continuous time convolution problem?

To solve a continuous time convolution problem, you can use the convolution integral, which involves integrating the product of the two functions over a certain range. Alternatively, you can use the convolution theorem and Fourier transform the two functions, multiply their transforms, and then inverse Fourier transform the result to get the convolution. There are also software programs, such as MATLAB, that have built-in functions for calculating convolutions.