How does this Physics syllabus look?

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
So they want students to finish their degree in the shortest amount of time without dragging it out with excessive retakes. In summary, the syllabus outline for the undergraduate physics program at the University of Mauritius looks similar to other programs and has a maximum credit limit of 50, likely due to the free education system.
Mépris
http://www.uom.ac.mu/programmes/Courses/FOS/YR2011/undergraduate/PDF/SC342.pdf

Link above; on the last pages of the file, is the syllabus outline for the undergrad program. How does it stack up compared to other undergrad programs you've had experience with or have read about?

I realize they do ask for "passes" at A-Level Maths and Physics but they almost exclusively accept straight-A students, or so I've been told. I have a friend who got into Civil Eng with AAB (and that's before the introduction of the A* grade) and it might have been because he was ranked nationally for his performance in DT.

Yeah, thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks normal.

It looks like basically every other undergrad physics program.

Excellent. Looks like somebody's saving his monies and staying home for another three years. : D

Maximum (including retake modules): 50 credits

Why the maximum?

Rebooter said:
Maximum (including retake modules): 50 credits

Why the maximum?
I'm guessing it's because university education is free there.

1. What topics are covered in this Physics syllabus?

The Physics syllabus covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. Are there any prerequisite courses required for this Physics syllabus?

Yes, it is recommended to have a strong foundation in mathematics and basic physics concepts before taking this course.

3. What type of assessments can I expect in this Physics syllabus?

Assessments may include exams, quizzes, lab reports, and projects. There may also be opportunities for hands-on experiments and demonstrations.

4. Will there be any opportunities for extra credit in this Physics syllabus?

Extra credit may be offered in certain circumstances, but it is not guaranteed. It is important to consistently perform well on assignments and assessments to achieve a good grade in the course.

5. How can I best prepare for this Physics syllabus?

To prepare for this course, it is recommended to review basic physics concepts, practice problem-solving skills, and develop a strong understanding of mathematical equations and principles.