Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, Sting initially didn't think this forum was his thing, but he stuck with it and did a great job. The others express their gratitude and congratulate Ivan for becoming a mentor. There is a bit of confusion about the name "HallsofIvan" and "Hallsofivy".
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This forum was not Sting's cup of tea. Still, he hung in there and did a great job. Thanks Sting!

Physics news on Phys.org
I should thank you guys for making it a good forum to moderate.

But I felt that you, Ivan, would be better suited for this job (which is why I made the recommendation to Greg).

Congrats Ivan :smile:

Wow... When did you become a mentor? Congratulations Ivan.
By the way the PF mentor form homework section is “HallsofIvan”. Are you the same guy?

Originally posted by Dal
Wow... When did you become a mentor? Congratulations Ivan.
By the way the PF mentor form homework section is “HallsofIvan”. Are you the same guy?

Thanks. Just this week. And no; Hallsofivy is not HallsofIvan

Hallsofivy started mentoring just before I started.

Oops. So sorry. At a glance, I thought the name was HallsofIvan. Hahaha!

1. What is "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale"?

"Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale" is a forum game in which players take on the role of a group of adventurers on a journey to complete a series of challenges set by a mysterious character named Sting. The challenges are designed to test players' creativity, problem-solving skills, and teamwork.

2. How do I play "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale"?

To play "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale", you must first join the forum where the game is being played. Then, you can join an existing team or start your own. Each team will have a designated thread where they can discuss and strategize how to complete the challenges. The challenges will be posted by the game master (GM) in a separate thread, and teams must work together to come up with a solution and post it in the thread.

3. What kind of challenges can I expect in "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale"?

The challenges in "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale" can vary greatly in terms of difficulty and type. Some challenges may require players to solve puzzles, while others may involve role-playing and decision-making. The challenges will also have different themes, such as fantasy, sci-fi, or historical, to keep the game interesting and diverse.

4. Can I join "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale" at any time?

Yes, you can join "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale" at any time, as long as there is an ongoing game. However, it is recommended to join at the beginning of a new challenge to fully participate in the game.

5. Is there a winner in "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale"?

While there is no official winner in "Sting's Challenges: A Forum Tale", the goal of the game is for players to have fun and work together to complete the challenges. The challenges are not meant to be competitive, but rather a collaborative experience among players.