Photo Contest - Body Parts (7/30-8/5)

In summary, the "Body Parts" photo contest aims to showcase the diversity and beauty of different body parts through photography. Participants can submit multiple photos, but only one will be eligible for winning. There are no restrictions on the type of body parts that can be photographed as long as they are appropriate and respectful. A panel of judges will evaluate submissions based on creativity, technical skills, and adherence to the theme. Photo editing software can be used, but the edited photo must accurately represent the original body part and must not contain any inappropriate or misleading alterations.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Body Parts

This week, your photos must have, as it's main subject, human body parts! However, it shouldn't be gross, or obscene (those will get you kicked out of PF). Artificial body parts do not count. And yes, preferably, these body parts are still connected to the body (to avoid the "gross" part).

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
33jobop.jpg

That's the foot/ankle that I sprained so badly months ago. It's still attached, though it might be pushing the envelope on "gross". It still bothers me if I overdo it with gardening and yard-work.
foot.jpg

Can you provide some context for 'gross'? For example, would a photo of internal organs be considered 'gross'?

Does it have to be an obvious part or can it be used in an abstract way?

Andy Resnick said:
Can you provide some context for 'gross'? For example, would a photo of internal organs be considered 'gross'?

Er... Hum. I probably will have to see it to know if it is gross or not.

Zz.

My wife twists her fingers like this without even thinking about it.

Feedingthefish.jpg

[PLAIN]http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2295/dsc86751.jpg [Broken]

The window to my soul is like unto a black hole (and yes, I did take this myself).

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Resnick said:

One of the requirements is that the photo be taken by you...how would you get a pic of your internal organs :confused:?

lisab, nothing says it has to be your own body parts

My feet, dangling 250 ft above Bay Lake. I should have gotten a pedicure that day.

img5776r.jpg

Zz.

My right arm, put in a cast at the ER, unfortunately, it was my left arm that was broken.

[PLAIN]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6057/camerapictures417qh2.jpg [Broken]

Office_Shredder said:
lisab, nothing says it has to be your own body parts

:redface: Oh you're right, haha...

Nice legs Zz!

Borg, where was that picture taken and what are those fish? That's a really cool picture.

Evo said:
Nice legs Zz!

Thanks, Evo. And I didn't even shave that day!

Zz.

Evo said:
Nice legs Zz!

Borg, where was that picture taken and what are those fish? That's a really cool picture.

Thanks, Evo. It was taken on the beach at http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=20...7702888888889, -86.9460666666667&form=LMLTCC" in Mexico in May. The fish were used to people bringing bread from the resteraunt and would swarm anyone who might have food. It was funny listening to the women shriek all afternoon as the fish bumped into them. I have no idea what kind of fish they were though.

100_3586p.jpg

397969845.jpg

(my daughter has a pig on her pigs)

Final day to show us your body parts!

Zz.

1. What is the purpose of the "Body Parts" photo contest?

The purpose of the "Body Parts" photo contest is to showcase the diversity and beauty of different body parts through photography. It encourages individuals to appreciate and celebrate their own unique physical features, as well as those of others.

2. Can I submit multiple photos for the "Body Parts" photo contest?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the "Body Parts" photo contest as long as they meet the submission criteria and are different from each other. However, only one photo per participant will be eligible for winning the contest.

3. Are there any restrictions on the type of body parts that can be photographed for the contest?

No, there are no restrictions on the type of body parts that can be photographed for the contest. All body parts, including the face, hands, feet, and torso, are eligible for submission as long as they are appropriate and respectful.

4. Who will be judging the "Body Parts" photo contest?

A panel of judges, including scientists, photographers, and artists, will be responsible for judging the "Body Parts" photo contest. They will evaluate each submission based on creativity, technical skills, and adherence to the theme.

5. Can I use photo editing software to enhance my submission for the "Body Parts" photo contest?

Yes, you can use photo editing software to enhance your submission for the "Body Parts" photo contest. However, the edited photo must still accurately represent the original body part being photographed and must not contain any inappropriate or misleading alterations.