DSP Software for Communication Systems

In summary, the conversation focuses on a homework assignment to research a specific application of DSP and deliver a 10-minute oral report on it. The individual is seeking guidance on finding common software used in the design process and discussing the advantages of GUI versus command line. They are also interested in discussing the speed of various operations and are seeking suggestions for other software to look into. The conversation also mentions the use of OOFDM in communications as a potential topic for the report.
peterpiper

Homework Statement

DSP Technology Report

Research a particular application of DSP, gathering enough information to deliver a 10 min oral report to the rest of the class. You can focus on hardware, software issues, or a specific algorithm. Give as much detail as possible.

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm just having a little bit of trouble getting the ball rolling here. We've talked about some DSP applications in class, but I'm more curious about the software used in the design process of various DSP/ADC/DAC/thingymajigger/etc modules. I'm not entirely sure where I can look for some of the more common software that has been used over the past few years. So far I'm looking at a dsp module that I was given with my DSP textbook, DSPower (which is no longer used), and DirectDSP (which replaced DSPower).

I want to be thorough with the report which means that I need to talk about speed for various operations such as FFT, DTFT, DFT and etc, and the advantages of gui vs command line as well as other things.

What I'm looking for, as far as help, is any other software worth looking into as well as properties of the various softwares to look into. Thanks in advance for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org
peterpiper said:

Homework Statement

DSP Technology Report

Research a particular application of DSP, gathering enough information to deliver a 10 min oral report to the rest of the class. You can focus on hardware, software issues, or a specific algorithm. Give as much detail as possible.

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm just having a little bit of trouble getting the ball rolling here. We've talked about some DSP applications in class, but I'm more curious about the software used in the design process of various DSP/ADC/DAC/thingymajigger/etc modules. I'm not entirely sure where I can look for some of the more common software that has been used over the past few years. So far I'm looking at a dsp module that I was given with my DSP textbook, DSPower (which is no longer used), and DirectDSP (which replaced DSPower).

I want to be thorough with the report which means that I need to talk about speed for various operations such as FFT, DTFT, DFT and etc, and the advantages of gui vs command line as well as other things.

What I'm looking for, as far as help, is any other software worth looking into as well as properties of the various softwares to look into. Thanks in advance for any help!

The applicable pieces of software may be proprietary to the companies who are using the modulation scheme, but check out OOFDM and its uses in communications. It's a fascinating exercise in communications and DSP, and would make for a really interesting talk if presented well to a knowledgeable audience. :smile:

What is DSP software research paper?

DSP stands for Digital Signal Processing, which is a field of study that focuses on the analysis, processing, and manipulation of digital signals. A DSP software research paper is a written document that discusses a specific aspect or application of DSP software, such as a new algorithm or a comparison of different software tools.

What is the importance of DSP software research paper?

DSP software research papers are important for advancing the field of digital signal processing and improving the quality and efficiency of digital signal processing applications. They provide a platform for researchers to share their findings, ideas, and techniques with the rest of the scientific community, leading to further innovation and development in the field.

What are some common topics covered in DSP software research papers?

Some common topics covered in DSP software research papers include signal filtering, image and video processing, audio processing, data compression, and pattern recognition. Other topics may include new algorithms, software tools, and real-world applications of DSP software.

How are DSP software research papers evaluated?

DSP software research papers are typically evaluated based on their novelty, technical soundness, and relevance to the field. They are also judged based on their use of proper research methodology, clear and concise writing, and the strength of their results and conclusions.

Where can I find DSP software research papers?

DSP software research papers can be found in various online databases and repositories, such as IEEE Xplore, ACM Digital Library, and Google Scholar. They can also be found in conference proceedings and in the publications of leading DSP research journals.