Problem with constant dc supply by capacitor

In summary, the conversation discussed the issue of obtaining a constant DC voltage from a capacitor to supply a device. It was noted that directly connecting the capacitor to the device could result in a drop in voltage, causing the device to not function properly. The solution suggested was to use a voltage regulator or a SEPIC DC-DC converter. The person asking the question later confirmed that they have successfully implemented a voltage regulator in their circuit.
Apache
I have a problem
how can i obtain a constant value of dc voltage from a capacitor(dynamo) to supply a device..
As we know if the capacitor is directly connected to the device, the voltage will drop and the device will not have enough voltage to function.
what is a better way?

Engineering news on Phys.org
voltage regulator.

Apache said:
I have a problem
how can i obtain a constant value of dc voltage from a capacitor(dynamo) to supply a device..
As we know if the capacitor is directly connected to the device, the voltage will drop and the device will not have enough voltage to function.
what is a better way?

Or you can use a SEPIC DC-DC converter, which would allow you to have the capacitor voltage initially above the output regulated voltage, and as the capacitor discharges, its output voltage can fall below the output regulated voltage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-ended_primary-inductor_converter

@Apache: any of this help at all?

Yup, I have fix a voltage regulator in my circuit, thanks!

1. What causes a problem with constant DC supply by capacitor?

The problem with constant DC supply by capacitor is usually caused by the capacitor's inability to maintain a steady voltage output. Capacitors have an inherent property called capacitance, which allows them to store and release electrical energy. The capacitance of a capacitor can change over time, leading to fluctuations in the voltage output.

2. How does a capacitor's capacitance change over time?

The capacitance of a capacitor can change due to a variety of factors, including temperature, aging, and external influences such as voltage spikes or electrical interference. These changes can affect the capacitor's ability to hold a charge and maintain a constant DC supply.

3. Can a faulty capacitor cause a problem with constant DC supply?

Yes, a faulty capacitor can definitely cause a problem with constant DC supply. If the capacitor's capacitance has significantly decreased or if it has developed a short circuit, it will no longer be able to store and release electrical energy effectively. This can result in fluctuations in the voltage output and disrupt the constant DC supply.

4. How can I fix a problem with constant DC supply by capacitor?

If a faulty capacitor is the cause of the problem, it will need to be replaced with a new one. It is important to choose a capacitor with the correct capacitance value and voltage rating for your specific application. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the capacitor is properly connected and that there are no external factors affecting its performance.

5. Are there any preventive measures I can take to avoid a problem with constant DC supply by capacitor?

Yes, there are a few preventive measures you can take to avoid a problem with constant DC supply by capacitor. These include choosing high-quality capacitors from reputable manufacturers, properly sizing the capacitor for the application, and implementing appropriate circuit protection measures to prevent voltage spikes or other external influences from damaging the capacitor. Regular maintenance and monitoring of the capacitor can also help catch any potential issues before they become a problem.