IE will only let one window up at a time

In summary: Whereas in IE, it just says "hey, this is an msn add on, let me open it in a new window" Its just really nice and simple in IE, and its just like "oh, this is an msn add on, i'll just
Gale
So, i can't click on any links right now, or open an new window, because when i do that, my original window closes. (like in JimmyP's bday thread...) So, i don't know why... or what's going on. Help?

Computer science news on Phys.org
just stop using IE and start using Firefox (it will only take you a few seconds to install, and you will be releaved from all those annoying ie problems forever)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I think I've actually had more problems with Firefox (and Opera) than IE, especially after adding a bunch of extensions. I still don't like IE though.

I was going to say the samething when I saw the post topic. You can use tabs instead of new windows. I love firefox I would marry it if that sort of thing was legal in my state. Maybe I could drive down to Ma.

I totally agree: Firefox rocks. Make sure you try out the extensions they have too.

My Firefox takes considerably more time to load up than my IE.. which is quite annoying.. and when I load up firefox my computer lags up.. winamp goes berserk, everything sort of slows down. Is this a problem with my harddrive?

Gale17 said:
So, i can't click on any links right now, or open an new window, because when i do that, my original window closes. (like in JimmyP's bday thread...) So, i don't know why... or what's going on. Help?

How about a "ctrl v" to open a new window?

ptex, isn't it ctrl n?

but that's odd, because it takes IE longer to load up than firefox for me...im not sure what your problem is, maybe a defrag will help if you haven't done one in a while, also do you have a slow or old processor? HD?

anyone still use netscape?

no lol, rather i would hope not...

Locker said:
anyone still use netscape?

I am using Netscape 7.2 right now.

TsunamiJoe said:
no lol, rather i would hope not...

Why? Netscape and Firefox both use the Gecko engine. I use both and they're almost the same in every aspect.

Wow, this thread has been hijacked by firefox fans.

Gale17, have you scanned your computer for spyware and other crud?

dduardo said:
Wow, this thread has been hijacked by firefox fans.

Gale17, have you scanned your computer for spyware and other crud?

heh, thought everyone had forgotten about me, aww but not you dduardo... It was my home computer that did that, I'm at school again now, so it doesn't bother me anymore. but thanks. When i get back home when the semester's over, i'll see if it still does that. It was probably some virussy/spyware thing... my family sucks at dealing with that stuff...

Why? Netscape and Firefox both use the Gecko engine. I use both and they're almost the same in every aspect.

definintly not the same, i mean i guess they could run the same engine, i honestly don't know what firefox uses i just know its fast, and it seems to be faster than netscape, so i don't know, maybe netscape forces you to go through some extra servers or sommit, i don't know

but the interface is totaly differint, and if you put in a wrong site its a total b*tch to you about it

1. Why does Internet Explorer only allow one window to be open at a time?

This is because Internet Explorer follows a single document interface (SDI) model, where only one application or window can be active at a time. This was a design choice made by Microsoft to simplify the user experience and reduce system resources.

2. Can I change the settings to allow multiple windows in Internet Explorer?

No, the option to change this setting is not available in Internet Explorer. However, you can use tabbed browsing to open multiple webpages within one window.

3. Is there a way to open a new window in Internet Explorer without closing the current one?

Yes, you can use the "New Window" option in the File menu or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+N" to open a new window without closing the current one.

4. Does this limitation apply to all versions of Internet Explorer?

Yes, all versions of Internet Explorer follow the SDI model and only allow one window to be open at a time.

5. Is there a workaround to have multiple windows open in Internet Explorer?

As mentioned before, you can use tabbed browsing to open multiple webpages within one window. You can also use third-party software that allows you to split the screen and have multiple applications or windows open at the same time.