How to use matrix notations in my posts?

• Thread starter Ronankeating
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to use HTML text editor to write mathematical symbols, specifically large square brackets for matrices. The link provided is a guide on how to create a matrix in LaTeX. The person also mentions having to right-click and select "Show Math As" before clicking on "TeX Commands" to properly write out the matrix.
Ronankeating
Hi all,

I'm pretty new with how to use HTML text editor effectively when posting the new threads. Generally I can deal with math/physics symbols on the editor bar but don't now how to write that huge square brackets for, say 10x10, matrix and populate it.

Regards,

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]
\left(
\begin{array}{lrc}
1001 & 1002 & 1003\\
4 & 5 & 8\\
\end{array}
\right)
[/tex] right-click it

[tex]
M =
\left[ {\begin{array}{cc}
x & y \\
z & w
\end{array} } \right]
[/tex]

http://www.rizauddin.com/2009/05/how-to-create-a-matrix-in-latex/

Last edited by a moderator:
robphy said:
[tex]
\left(
\begin{array}{lrc}
1001 & 1002 & 1003\\
4 & 5 & 8\\
\end{array}
\right)
[/tex] right-click it
I find I have to do a little more:
  • Right-click it
  • Click or move cursor to "Show Math As"
  • Click "TeX Commands"

1. How do I use matrix notations in my posts?

To use matrix notations in your posts, you can use HTML tags to create a matrix-like structure. For example, you can use <table> tags to create rows and columns, and <td> tags to input the values within each cell. You can also use mathematical symbols and equations to represent matrices.

2. Can I use matrix notations in any type of post?

Yes, you can use matrix notations in any type of post, as long as the platform supports HTML tags and symbols. You can use it in blog posts, social media posts, online forums, and more.

3. How do I format my matrices correctly?

To format your matrices correctly, make sure to use proper HTML tags and symbols. The rows and columns should be aligned and the values should be organized in a logical manner. You can also use CSS to style your matrices and make them more visually appealing.

4. Can I use matrix notations to represent complex equations?

Yes, matrix notations can be used to represent complex equations, especially in fields like mathematics, physics, and engineering. Matrices are often used to solve systems of equations and represent transformations in geometric problems.

5. Are there any resources available to help me learn how to use matrix notations in my posts?

Yes, there are many online resources available to help you learn how to use matrix notations in your posts. You can find tutorials, guides, and examples on websites like W3Schools, Codecademy, and Khan Academy. You can also refer to textbooks or consult with a mathematician or computer scientist for further assistance.