Molecular hydrogen excitation levels

In summary, The conversation is about someone looking for electronic excitation levels of molecular hydrogen and they are directed to look at papers by a professor named Alejandro Saenz who has calculated these levels with high precision. However, the person is unable to access most of the papers and is specifically looking for experimental data.
lordsandman
Hi, I am looking for electronic excitation levels of molecular hydrogen like attached table. but there are only a few electronic states, i need near-threshold energy levels. where can i find all levels?

thanks for attention

http://imgim.com/5648inciz1637947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I knew a guy called Alejandro Saenz who calculated the excited states of hydrogen molecules with high precision. Look out for his papers in google scholar. I think he is now professor in Berlin.

DrDu said:
I knew a guy called Alejandro Saenz who calculated the excited states of hydrogen molecules with high precision. Look out for his papers in google scholar. I think he is now professor in Berlin.

thank you for your reply. i understood as alejandro sanz and thougt that you are joking :)
unfortunately i can't access most of his papers. accessable ones don't contain what i need. espacially, I'm looking for experimental datas.

1. What is molecular hydrogen excitation?

Molecular hydrogen excitation refers to the process by which the energy levels of hydrogen molecules are increased, usually through the absorption of energy from an external source such as heat, light, or electricity.

2. What are the different excitation levels of molecular hydrogen?

Molecular hydrogen can be excited to different levels, with the lowest being the ground state and the highest being the excited state. In between, there are various vibrational and rotational energy levels that the molecule can occupy.

3. How does molecular hydrogen excitation affect its properties?

When molecular hydrogen is excited, its properties, such as its reactivity and stability, can change. This is due to the fact that the increased energy levels can cause the molecule to behave differently and potentially form new chemical bonds.

4. What are some methods for exciting molecular hydrogen?

There are several ways to excite molecular hydrogen, including heating it to high temperatures, exposing it to intense light or radiation, or using electric or magnetic fields to increase its energy levels.

5. What is the significance of molecular hydrogen excitation in science and technology?

Molecular hydrogen excitation plays a crucial role in many fields of science and technology, including chemistry, astronomy, and energy production. It is also important in understanding the behavior of molecules in different environments and can lead to advancements in areas such as fuel cells and chemical reactions.