Can you talk like a pirate and be a lab wench for a day?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary: Iron Roger Rackham I be.Arrrrrrr! I'm bumpin' this herrrre thread, mateys.Our stun'sl bones is carried away, what care we for that sound? A living gale is after us. Thank god we're homeward bound.
Q: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
A: P! Because it's an R, but it's missing a leg!

:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
We have Bautista starting with Diaz behind the plate. McCutchen is the lead batter.

Pittsburgh sucks.

Q: Where's me buccaneer?
A: On ye buccan head

Last edited:
fuzzyfelt said:
Q: Where's me buccaneer?
A: On ye buccan head

Arrrr arrrr arrrrr arrrr

pirate laugh

Math Is Hard said:
Q: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
A: P! Because it's an R, but it's missing a leg!

Harrrr harrrr harrrr! :rofl:

Dadface said:
A vast behind

Now where's me second eyepatch when I needs it? That's a sight I'm NOT wantin' to behold! Arrrrr...

Some Irish Pirate Punk Rock fer ye scurvy dogs tha migh be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean today trolls and spammers will be keelhauled instead o' receivin' infractions?

Redbelly98 said:
A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )

collinsmark said:
...A pirate walks into the pub with a steering wheel shoved half way down his pants. The pirate approaches the bartender, "Yaaahr, I'll take a pint of stout and shot of your finest whiskey."
...The bartender pours him the stout and makes him his whiskey. The bartender gives the pirate his drinks and says to him, "Ya know there mate, you've got a steering wheel shoved down your trousers. Do ya' know that?"
..."Yaaahr, I know. It's drivin' me nuts."
Yaarrrh! Don't believe in readin ye olde posts now, do ye? Don't think ye be gettin off easy, actin like a blisterin parrot.

Gaarrrh! Where went the post by that scallywag CollinsMaarrrhk? Who be playin tricks here with me?

...A pirate captain and his first mate are stranded at sea in a liferaft. Nearly dying of thirst they notice a bottle floating next to the raft and the mate picks it up and rubs the bottle. A Ginnie pops out and says, "Hello my pirate friends. Thank you for releasing me from this bottle. I will grant you one wish."
..."I thought it was three wishes," said the first mate.
..."Yahhhr," said the pirate captain to his mate, "batton down ye' hatches and let the Ginnie speak. This may be our last hope. Don't interrupt for it might be our only recourse to survive, yahhr."
..."The wise captain is correct," said the Ginnie, "three wishes are a myth -- an urban legend, if you will. For releasing me from the bottle, I will grant you a single wish. One and only one wish"
..."I wish that the sea was made of rum!" without hesitation exclaimed the first mate. And instantly the entire ocean turned into rum, and the Ginnie and bottle vanished.
..."Yahhhr, you idiot," said the pirate captain, scanning from horizon to horizon, seeing only rum. "Now we have to piss in the boat."

On Friday, The "Jeopardy" quiz show had a category titled something like "Let's Talk Like a Pirate" in which all the responses began with the letters "ar". However, none of the players got into the spirit of the thing by pronouncing them pirate-style. :cry:

The way it should have gone: "The gas that pirates fill their light bulbs with." "What is arrr-gon?"

Thought I would post something useful: "www.avast.com"[/URL].

It fits the pirate theme nicely.

I use it in addition to PC Tools Spyware Dr., catches some things that the other doesn't and vice versa.

Seems to be better than the free version of AVG.

Rhody... :cool:

Tighten yer main braces and scrape the barnacles of yer bottom, we have females aboard, ho, ho, ho.

wolram said:
Tighten yer main braces and scrape the barnacles of yer bottom, we have [STRIKE]females[/STRIKE] wenches aboard, ho, ho, ho.

Fixed that :wink:.

Avast, me hearties! It be that day again.
For thems that don't understand, http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html" what you be needin.

Tom Waits talked like a pirate before it was popular to talk like a pirate. I mean before it was popular with people who are not pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_F0DIJyHRs

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, take what you can and give nothin back.

This is a republican thread right?

A new pirate rock music video since the last one has apparently found its way to Davey's locker...

Of course, pirates no longer talk like pirates. It's too dangerous, they could easily be detected and incarcerated. You can find them though, they're the only ones not talking like pirates on talk like a pirate day.

Oops, I means to say those who ply the seven seas on the lookout for plunder do not palaver like as such. It be perilous for they may lay a scent for landlubbers to follow and be sent to the brig. E'en so, ye can smell them out for they do not talk the way the likes of pirates do on this fine day.

Another wonderful necro-post candidate...

originally started: Sep19-08, 02:53 PM

Haven't we had enough pirates already ?

Rhody... :redface:

Breathin' helium makes your voice sound funny. Make mine Arrrrrgon.

collinsmark said:
A Ginnie pops out...

Is that a Genie who's had too much Gin?

Arrrrh we go again.

Oh Yay! Arrrrh.

nice upload. audio 9 vidoe 8.
Thx! will seed.

btw where I find subs for that?

Bandersnatch said:
nice upload. audio 9 vidoe 8.
Thx! will seed.

btw where I find subs for that?

:thumbs:

:rofl:

My daughter wears an eye patch today. She completely lost one eye, so she could wear it all the time. Nope. Only on "Arrrrrr" day. At least its black... er, "blaggard"

Borg said:
Arrrrh we go again.
Thank ye fer revivin' the pye-ritt thread, may-teeee.

Redbelly98 said:
Thank ye fer revivin' the pye-ritt thread, may-teeee.
Ye be welcome.

Avast, ye scurvy dogs. It be talk like a pirate day again! Shiver me timbers.

I hope we don't have a mutiny tomorrow after we switch to PF 4.0 tonight.

Arrrrrr...who be deciding what day is what?