Rumsfeld on surprise visit to his wife's vagina

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, Rumsfeld's inspection of his wife's vagina is evidently a world affair, although the political aftermath would have been rather more interesting to follow if he'd inspected Laura's instead.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I'm sorry, but this one was just too hilarious:
http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133 [Broken]
:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: :rofl: Why didn't you post it in GD?

Lisa! said:
He did General Discussion > Politics and World Affairs.

Lisa! said:
Rumsfeld's actions are clearly of the highest importance in today's society.
Hence, his inspection of his wife's vagina is evidently a world affair, although the political aftermath would have been rather more interesting to follow if he'd inspected Laura's instead.

Vaginas are important, whatever I might think about them.

The Smoking Man said:
He did General Discussion > Politics and World Affairs.
Yeah, but you know it's alittle different. Personaly I try to keep myself away from "politics and world affair" forum most of time, but sometimes when I'm in GD, I see the newpost of this forum and if it would be eyecatching, I can't keep myself away from that and come here. And then your trouble is started because ou have to listen to my terrible comments on a subject.

Yeah, we're addicting arn't we?

Well you're already an addict. But I don't know what you're addicting to this time.

Lisa! said:
Yeah, but you know it's alittle different. Personaly I try to keep myself away from "politics and world affair" forum most of time, but sometimes when I'm in GD, I see the newpost of this forum and if it would be eyecatching, I can't keep myself away from that and come here. And then your trouble is started because ou have to listen to my terrible comments on a subject.
It's a bit like a road accident ... you know it's terrible but you can't look away. :yuck:

The Smoking Man said:
It's a bit like a road accident ... you know it's terrible but you can't look away. :yuck:
Yes, something like that.

What is the context behind Rumsfeld's surprise visit to his wife's vagina?

In October 2003, former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld made a controversial comment during a press conference, stating that "reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know." This statement became known as the "Rumsfeld on surprise visit to his wife's vagina" joke.

What was the reaction to Rumsfeld's comment?

Many people found Rumsfeld's comment to be confusing and nonsensical, and it quickly became a source of ridicule and parody. Some critics also saw it as a reflection of Rumsfeld's overall management style and the confusion surrounding the Iraq War.

Did Rumsfeld ever address or clarify his comment?

Yes, Rumsfeld himself has acknowledged the widespread mockery of his statement and has even referenced it in subsequent speeches and interviews. In a 2011 interview, he stated, "I have to say, I've never lived down the statement. Of course, I was just kidding. But it has been quoted and requoted and requoted ad nauseam."

Has this joke had any impact on Rumsfeld's legacy?

While the "Rumsfeld on surprise visit to his wife's vagina" joke may have added to the criticism and controversy surrounding Rumsfeld's tenure as Secretary of Defense, it is not considered a significant factor in his overall legacy. Rumsfeld's policies and decisions during the Iraq War and his role in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal have had a much greater impact on his reputation.

Is Rumsfeld's comment a common phrase or expression now?

No, Rumsfeld's comment is not a commonly used phrase or expression. It is mainly known as a joke and a reference to the confusion and lack of clarity in his statement. It is not a phrase that is used in everyday language or has any significant meaning outside of its original context.