Use 433MHz transmitter for video rca?

In summary: The OP said that they had been successfully transmitting data at 4mhz using a picaxe microcontroller, so there should be no problem with clarity at a few khz. It's possible to transmit a video signal using a 433MHz module, but it's going to be very slow. The bandwidth of a 433MHz channel is only 10mW, which is not going to go very far. Most 433MHz modules are only ~10mW, so you're going to need to look at 2.4GHz modules if you want to transmit a video signal.
Tesladude
Hi I want to transmitt a video rca signal with dome of the 433mhz transmitter and receiver modules you can get on ebay for cheap.

I have used them a lot and have accomplished transmitting data through picaxe microcontrollers successfully.

But could I use it to transmitt a video rca signal so that the output can be connected to a television?

I think I read that rca is at only a few khz and I have been transmitting data at 4mhz so there should be no problem with clarity.
Has anyone done this?
Will it work?

Engineering news on Phys.org
the video will most likely still be pretty crappy
a standard video signal is ~ 7MHz bandwidth

Also 433MHz isn't really for that sort of thing ...that ISM band is mainly for narrow bandwidth/low data rate applications at a low power level

cheers
Dave

do you know any way to accomplish this without buying an expensive rca transmitter?

What distance?

dlgoff said:
What distance?

yeah that's a good Q

most of those433 MHz modules are only ~ 10 mW
and 10mW spread across 7MHz is not going to go farYou mite want to look at 2.4 GHz modules
There's already a mass of 2.4GHz A/V sender and receiver units on the market
... no point in making it hard for yourself

a lot of electronics retailers sell complete units ready to use

ohhh and by the way, Tesladude, get used to using the correct notations, it saves confusion
MHz NOT mhz :smile:Dave

davenn said:
ohhh and by the way, Tesladude, get used to using the correct notations, it saves confusion
MHz NOT mhz :smile:

Yeah, a 433 milliHertz channel is going to be mighty slooooooooowwwwww... :biggrin:

(I fixed the thread title to MHz now.)

cheers
Mike :smile:

D

Yes!
Mhz, not mhz.
I hate it when others make that mistake so I probably should not be making it!
I use a 433"M"hz transmitter that is 1.5 watts and is supposed to reach about 3Km.
I would like to transmit the video signal as close to 3Km as I can get.

"I think I read that rca is at only a few khz"

Not sure where you got that from.

How do you plan to modulate the signal? Wide bandwidth composite video onto the 433MHz carrier? No audio, I assume.

Yes!
Mhz, not mhz.
I hate it when others make that mistake so I probably should not be making it!

NO not Mhz

its MHz Hz = Hertz after Mr Hertz

Dave

meBigGuy said:
"I think I read that rca is at only a few khz"

Not sure where you got that from.

not sure what you are referring to ?

rca should be RCA as in the plug/socket, not ideal but commonly used for composite video signals

Dave

I was refrerring to the OP's statement in post 1 "I think I read that rca is at only a few khz"

What is a 433MHz transmitter and how does it work for video RCA?

A 433MHz transmitter is a type of wireless communication device that operates at a frequency of 433 megahertz. It works by converting the video signal from an RCA source into a radio frequency signal, which can then be transmitted wirelessly to a receiver.

Can a 433MHz transmitter be used for any type of RCA video signal?

Yes, a 433MHz transmitter can be used for any type of RCA video signal, including composite, component, and S-video. However, the quality of the video transmission may vary depending on the type of signal and the distance between the transmitter and receiver.

What are the advantages of using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA?

One of the main advantages of using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA is the convenience of wireless transmission. This eliminates the need for long and messy cables, making it easier to set up and use. Additionally, 433MHz transmitters are generally affordable and easily accessible.

What are the limitations of using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA?

One limitation of using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA is the range of transmission. These transmitters typically have a range of up to 100 meters, but this can be affected by obstacles such as walls or interference from other electronic devices. Additionally, the video quality may suffer if the transmitter and receiver are too far apart.

Are there any safety concerns with using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA?

There are no major safety concerns associated with using a 433MHz transmitter for video RCA. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for proper use and to avoid any potential interference with other electronic devices that may also operate at a similar frequency.