What do you think about the civilization in Mars,if there was any?

• Thread starter ardian007
  • Start date
In summary, NASA has found evidence that there was civilization on Mars in the past, and they are hiding this information because it would cause a lot of social and political changes if it became public knowledge.
ardian007
I think that NASA has found some facts that there was civilization in Mars, and I think they are hiding them, why for , I don't know, what do you think, would there be any "political or social changes" if they make those facts public, argument your answers...

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes! It's all a government conspiracy! They know that there are aliens on Mars but they won't make it public because if they did then conspiracy theorists would suddenly have A LOT more credibility and people would start listening to the truth and stop believing all the government Propoganda! RISE UP MY COUNTRYMEN! WE MUST DESTROY THE MARTIANS! AAAAAHHH

Oh, IVAN!

We were the martians, we came here long ago from Mars because we screwed that planet up and we figured we should be able to do the same to Earth in half the time.

ardian007 said:
I think that NASA has found some facts that there was civilization in Mars, and I think they are hiding them, why for , I don't know...
Tough to know what you would base that on - if the facts are hidden, how do you know?

In any case, I've read a lot of Hoagland's nonsense and it is just that: nonsense. It would have to improve significantly before I'd even consider it an absurd conspiracy theory.
what do you think, would there be any "political or social changes" if they make those facts public, argument your answers...
Since the first part is so rediculous, this part is meaningless. But I think the public would accept without much controversy (except from the ultra-religious) a discovery of primitive microbial life on Mars (which still may happen).

Is there a website with good readable content for these ideas? I've been searching but haven't found any worth diging through to read any decent content.

Im a frequent visitor of bad astronomy. I was more interested in reading crackpot theories such as these. I find them entertaining when I am hung over for some reason.

mapper said:
Im a frequent visitor of bad astronomy. I was more interested in reading crackpot theories such as these. I find them entertaining when I am hung over for some reason.
Here is Hoagldand's website: http://www.enterprisemission.com/ Good luck! :yuck:

Astronuc said:
Oh, IVAN!

:biggrin:

It gets better. George Noory's listeners [coasttocoastam.com] were told that Hoagland was in the running to head NASA! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I could hardly keep my composure.

There are limits to what conspiracies are possible. The idea of government silence and obfuscation regarding UFOs is one thing. I'm not sure what to think about that but there are many formerly high ranking intelligence officers and others, and documents, that support these claims. But this whole business about Mars is just too far out to believe. And there is virtually nothing credible to support any of it.

Also, is it just me or is Hoagland's voice abrasive.

Ivan said:
Also, is it just me or is Hoagland's voice abrasive.
I listen to Coast to Coast pretty regularly. I'm to the point now that I can identify his voice almost instantly when I turn on the radio, and yes it makes me cringe too.

Were you on the edge of your seat waiting to see if Hoagland would head up NASA? :biggrin: I couldn't believe that Noory would push that. He really can't think that people believe this, can he? Are that many people even more gullable than I think, or is Noory just too dimwitted to know the difference?

Oh man, Hoagland is on tonight. If you want to hear the fringe of the fringe of the fringe, tune in at 10PM PST. He is on from 10 to 11:00. Go to http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Ivan Seeking said:
Were you on the edge of your seat waiting to see if Hoagland would head up NASA? :biggrin: I couldn't believe that Noory would push that. He really can't think that people believe this, can he? Are that many people even more gullable than I think, or is Noory just too dimwitted to know the difference?
LOL! The way it has seemed to me is that George plays dumb a lot and caters to what his audience wants to hear. Art has the more masculine voice and so he plays it a bit more sceptical. George has that sappy boyish voice and so he plays to that. You can still catch him every now and again subtly poking fun of some of the people though.

Really I am being a unfair to George. In the beginning I thought he was a complete idiot but I must admit that he has his good moments.

Here is Hoagldand's website: http://www.enterprisemission.com/ Good luck!
What's ironic is that if you the read bad astronomy website, the author concedes that Hoagldand did a thorough job of debunking the moon myth and he was even corrected by him. Strange isn't it.

Adam Y. said:
What's ironic is that if you the read bad astronomy website, the author concedes that Hoagldand did a thorough job of debunking the moon myth and he was even corrected by him. Strange isn't it.
Huh? Citation?

Adam Y. said:
I'd like to know what you mean by "moon myth". If you mean that the moon landing was a hoax then Hoagland being involved in that wouldn't surprise me. I recently realized the close parallel between the way Hoagland uses virtually nothing but photographs as "proof" and the "moon hoax" people harp hendlessly on the "photographic evidence" and have little else to back themselves up with.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I'd like to know what you mean by "moon myth". If you mean that the moon landing was a hoax then Hoagland being involved in that wouldn't surprise me. I recently realized the close parallel between the way Hoagland uses virtually nothing but photographs as "proof" and the "moon hoax" people harp hendlessly on the "photographic evidence" and have little else to back themselves up with.
Yes, Hoagland is involved in the moon hoax hoax. That's discussed on BadAstronomy as well.

It seems a little premature to be probing into the posibility of civilazation on Mars when scientists here on Earth have their hands full with questions about strange and hard to place artifacts, and all we have from Mars are arial surveys and a few photos from the martian surface.
(by artifacts i mean monoliths, electric battery urns, and man made things alledgedly buried in very ancient rock beds)

Last edited:

1. What is the current state of the search for civilization on Mars?

The search for civilization on Mars is an ongoing and active area of research. While there is no conclusive evidence of past or present civilizations on the planet, there have been several missions and studies conducted to gather data and investigate the possibility.

2. What are the key factors that would determine the possibility of a civilization on Mars?

The key factors that would determine the possibility of a civilization on Mars include the planet's geological and atmospheric conditions, the availability of resources such as water and energy, and the presence of any potential life forms. Other factors such as technological advancements and human exploration also play a role in the potential for a civilization to exist on Mars.

3. How would a civilization on Mars differ from our civilization on Earth?

A civilization on Mars would likely differ from our civilization on Earth in several ways. The Martian environment and resources would necessitate unique adaptations and advancements in technology and infrastructure. Culture and societal norms may also differ due to the isolation and challenges of living on a different planet.

4. What could be the potential benefits of discovering a civilization on Mars?

The discovery of a civilization on Mars could have numerous benefits for scientific and technological advancements. It could provide insights into the potential for life on other planets and inform our understanding of the evolution of civilizations. It could also open up opportunities for collaboration and exchange with an extraterrestrial society.

5. How would the existence of a civilization on Mars impact the future of humanity?

The existence of a civilization on Mars could have significant implications for the future of humanity. It could potentially provide a backup plan for the survival of our species in the event of a catastrophic event on Earth. It could also inspire and motivate further exploration and colonization efforts in our solar system and beyond.