Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer | Fourmilab

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, the conversation discussed various interesting websites, including a real-time view of the Earth and a satellite image comparison of North and South Korea. The participants also shared their opinions on a website's features and jokingly teased each other.
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I don't want to look at your moom.

Yesterday the TV news showed a picture taken at night of the 2 Koreas, in which it was appreciated that South Korea was full of lights, whereas North Korea was jet black (except the capital), now I will see if that is correct

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
I don't want to look at your moom.

Why? it is a very nice one :tongue2: :

Pretty cool site! I liked the satellite choosing feature. Thanks Wolram!

That was great Moom and all!

That's an idea for google earth, I say.

hypatia said:
That was great Moom and all!

I have so much trouble with keyboards, i have never used one yet that works proper :cry:

Your Moom is sooooo fat, it's a quarter the size of Earth!

FeynmanMH42 said:
Your Moom is sooooo fat, it's a quarter the size of Earth!

Cheeky beggar :tongue2:

1. What is the purpose of Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer?

The purpose of Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer is to provide a live, interactive view of the Earth and Moon from space. It allows users to see the current state of the Earth's surface, including clouds, weather patterns, and city lights, as well as the position and phase of the Moon in real-time.

2. How does Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer obtain its data?

Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer obtains its data from a variety of sources, including satellite imagery, weather data, and astronomical data. These sources are constantly updated to provide the most accurate and current views of the Earth and Moon.

3. Can I see historical data on Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer?

While Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer primarily displays live data, it does have the option to view historical data. Users can select a date and time in the past to see the Earth and Moon as they appeared at that specific moment.

4. Is Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer accurate?

Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer is as accurate as the data it receives from its sources. However, due to the constantly changing nature of the Earth and Moon, there may be slight discrepancies between the displayed data and the actual conditions at a given moment.

5. Can I customize the view on Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer?

Yes, Real-Time Earth & Moon Viewer offers a variety of customization options. Users can change the map projection, display different layers such as political boundaries and ocean currents, and even add their own locations to the map. There is also a time-lapse feature that allows users to see the Earth and Moon as they change over a specific period of time.