Have you checked out PhD Comic Strip yet?

• News
  • Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phd
In summary, The conversation is about the webcomic strip "PhD Comics" and how funny and relatable it is to those in graduate school. The participants have read and enjoyed the strip, with one even admitting to spending hours browsing through the archive. They also discuss how accurate the comics are in depicting the struggles and procrastination habits of graduate students. One participant mentions having some of the strips on their office wall and another mentions the appeal of free food in getting students to attend seminars. Overall, the conversation highlights the popularity and relatability of the webcomic among graduate students.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Anyone ever read this strip? I think it's pretty funny! Read a few in the archive and tell me what you think.

www.phdcomics.com

Physics news on Phys.org
G01 said:
Anyone ever read this strip? I think it's pretty funny! Read a few in the archive and tell me what you think.

www.phdcomics.com

:rofl: Today's is great! Every place I've worked sends out those annual asbestos warnings.

I found that a few years ago when I started to think about grad applications. Very funny, very intimidating!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Today's is great!
I liked the previous one better! You have to have been there to really appreciate most of them.

We've had a thread or two before, on phdcomics, haven't we? Perhaps it was a long time ago.

OK. Since I made this thread, I have read about three years worth of cartoons from their archive. They weren't kidding when they said they support procrastination. This is VERY BAD! I can't stop!

Used to read it all the time -- have some on my office wall, particularly regarding replying to reviewer comments...

Great stuff :biggrin:

Well. I finally made it through the whole archive...

What do you mean its a week from finals?!

J77 said:
Used to read it all the time -- have some on my office wall, particularly regarding replying to reviewer comments...

Great stuff :biggrin:

Thanks, I've been trying to find the reviewer comments strip but forgot the name of it.

What is "PhD Comic Strip"?

"PhD Comic Strip" is a webcomic created by Jorge Cham that follows the daily struggles and humor of graduate students pursuing their PhD degrees in various fields.

How often are new comics released?

New comics are released every weekday, Monday through Friday.

Are the comics based on true stories?

Yes, most of the comics are based on real-life experiences of graduate students, as the creator Jorge Cham is a former PhD student himself.

Can anyone submit ideas for comics?

Yes, anyone can submit ideas for comics through the "Ideas" section on the PhD Comics website. The creator may use these ideas for future comics.

Is "PhD Comic Strip" only for PhD students?

No, the comic is relatable for anyone who has gone through or is currently going through the academic experience. However, some jokes and references may be more specific to the graduate student experience.