Please Check Answer to a Multiple Choice Question

In summary, a multiple choice question presents several options for the respondent to choose from, and they must select the correct answer. To check the answer, one must compare their chosen option to the correct answer provided. The ability to change an answer depends on the rules of the test or quiz. If unsure of an answer, strategies such as elimination or educated guessing can be used. The correctness of an answer is determined by comparing it to the provided correct answer.
Rker

Homework Statement

The moment of inertia of a sphere rotating about an axis through its center is (2/5)MR^2, where M is the mass and R is the radius of the sphere. What is the moment of inertia of the sphere about an axis on the edge of the sphere?

a. 0.4 MR^2
b. 1.4 MR^2
c. 0.9 MR^2
d. 0.6 MR^2

Homework Equations

I = (2/5)MR^2

The Attempt at a Solution

I think it's just a. since nothing besides the equation is given.

Physics news on Phys.org

I would like to clarify that the moment of inertia of a sphere about an axis through its center is indeed (2/5)MR^2, but this is only applicable for a solid sphere. If the sphere is hollow or has a different distribution of mass, the moment of inertia will vary. Therefore, the answer to the multiple choice question cannot be determined without additional information about the specific properties of the sphere. It is important to always consider the specific properties and assumptions when using equations in scientific calculations.

1. What is a multiple choice question?

A multiple choice question is a type of question that presents several options or choices to the respondent, and they must choose the correct answer from those options.

2. How do I check the answer to a multiple choice question?

To check the answer to a multiple choice question, you must first select the option that you believe to be correct. Then, compare your answer to the correct answer provided by the question. This can be done by checking the answer key or asking a teacher or tutor for confirmation.

3. Can I change my answer to a multiple choice question?

It depends on the rules set by the person administering the test or quiz. Some may allow you to change your answer before submitting, while others may not. It is best to follow the instructions given for the specific test or quiz.

4. What should I do if I am unsure of the answer to a multiple choice question?

If you are unsure of the answer to a multiple choice question, you can use strategies such as process of elimination or educated guessing based on your understanding of the topic. If possible, you can also skip the question and come back to it later.

5. How do I know if I have chosen the correct answer to a multiple choice question?

You will know if you have chosen the correct answer to a multiple choice question by comparing your answer to the correct answer provided by the question. If they match, then you have chosen the correct answer. If they do not match, you may need to review the question and your answer to determine where you went wrong.