Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
climbhi
Woohoo, a brand new forum to post in! Just thought it didn't feel quite right without this here. So in the tradition of PF 2.0 ask a stupid "quetion" and get a stupid answer back.

So to begin... How long do you think it takes to reach a 1000 posts in this topic again?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it will take at least 4 posts!

Did you really have to misspell Question again?

I did have to mispil qestion again as I had never done it before.

When did I last consider not asking this question?

A week from next tuesday.

Is anyone still seeing the old forums?

Only in my day dreams.
But ...
Are the old forums still somewhere on the internet ?

Originally posted by STAii
Only in my day dreams.
But ...
Are the old forums still somewhere on the internet ?

(This seems like a pretty good question (and thus doesn't belong here :wink: ) but...)

Schrodinger would probably think so.

What's the best superpower?

Self-levitation. More precisely, the ability to produce the effect of a small gravitational force (< ~ 2 G's) upon one's own body.

The ability to pass through solid objects would be the best superpower; but, without self-levitation, the first (and last) solid object that you pass through would likely be the Earth.

What do you call an elevator that goes sideways?

originally posted by Ben-CS

What do you call an elevator that goes sideways?

A trans-vator!

Why do we ask quetions?

Because it feels so good when we stop.

why did the forum cross the servers?

Why do I need approx. 600 mg of caffeine to get out of bed these days?

Originally posted by Entropia
Why do I need approx. 600 mg of caffeine to get out of bed these days? [/B]
It's the "My favorite web forum in a new version
and my email GONE !" syndrome... :wink:

My location is The Universe - anybody else here ?

Sure, I'm here.

Why didn't I post under this topic on PF2?

Because you thought that posting without reading through the 1000 previous posts wouldn't be fair on the people who had been there the whole time, not realising that the thread hadn't progressed at all, and you hadn't actually missed anything.

More importantly though, Why did you decide to post here this time?

Originally posted by Another God
Because you thought that posting without reading through the 1000 previous posts wouldn't be fair on the people who had been there the whole time, not realising that the thread hadn't progressed at all, and you hadn't actually missed anything.

More importantly though, Why did you decide to post here this time?

Don't ask such hard questions :wink:.

Hey, is this thread just some big ploy to increase post counts?

I don't know ask FZ or Climbhi they made it (duh) hehe

How old is PF 3? in days hours and minutes. I will accept seconds and nanosends :wink:

It depends on your frame of reference.
Can we ever thank Einstein enough for giving us these excuses to avoid answering difficult questions?

No we can't. I for one could thank him forever:wink:

Could you? (this must have been myworst question yet!)

Originally asked by Nicool003

Could you? (this must have been myworst question yet!)

Why would anyone want to bother an old man so, I never, if you had an ounce of, well, you know, it's like this, well that actually, but then again to participate in such a ranting vent would be counterproductive to the intuitive nature of the transcendental metaphysical reality of the expired expression that had been inspired so, well you should all be smart enough to figure out the rest, right?

Is the singular of Horn-Gee, Hornge, actually the only word in the english language that rhymes with orange?

ABSOLUTELY! (HOPE THE SPELLING IS RIGHT??)

Originally stated By Sourire

ABSOLUTELY! (HOPE THE SPELLING IS RIGHT??)

Well in responce to your, obviously appropo, question, certainly! the spelling is perfect! just like the conclusion! in line with the reality! accorded to the afordance! rhymes like times rhymes with rhymes! [zz)]

Is this really the forum, containing the licence to be, talking, the STUUUUUPIDEST you possibly can be??

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Is this really the forum, containing the licence to be, talking, the STUUUUUPIDEST you possibly can be??

Not at all, I am usually MUCH stupider.

Why not jump in and enjoy it?

Originally asked by SelfAdjoint

Why not jump in and enjoy it?

Cause I keep bumping my head on the computer screen!

Should I really be enjoying bumping my head on the computer screeen?

Everyone needs a hobby.

What was the best theory never invented?

Originally posted by Ben-CS
What was the best theory never invented? [/B]
The theory of uninvented theories.

Do you bang your head on the wall often ?

No. But the wall often bangs itself to my head.
Do you consider someone that wants to jump from the window suicidal ?

Do you consider someone that wants to jump from the window suicidal ?
I Don't Understand ... Did You Mean , What Do you consider someone that wants to jump from the suicidal Window ?

Q : Why Why's Question Is Answered With Becuase ? I Ask Becuase I Want To Know Why .

Originally posted by Zargawee
I Don't Understand ... Did You Mean , What Do you consider someone that wants to jump from the suicidal Window ?

Q : Why Why's Question Is Answered With Becuase ? I Ask Becuase I Want To Know Why .

Because, if you answered it with a "why" you'd never stop asking questions.

What causes the universe to expand?

Originally asked by Mentat

What causes the universe to expand?

A really bad case of Gas/flatulence.

So then the 'quetion', What gave the universe it's original case of gas?

I'd have to say the Big Bang was caused by the original Big Bean Burrito.

Why do planets orbit stars?

Originally asked by Mentat

Why do planets orbit stars?

To Escape the 'lunar-tic', chasing them!

If the Sun 'sets', all the time, why hasn't it gellied yet?

Because concrete solidifies after you let the chemical reaction to run its course.

Why doesn't the world just re-align itself with all of my beliefs as I believe them?

Originally asked by Another God

Why doesn't the world just re-align itself with all of my beliefs as I believe them?

Because the original God might get angry!

Why does "Another God" see with only 'one eye'?

(The eye is supposed to be rolling, but I have had troubles with the avatar doobie.)

Why does "Another God" see with only 'one eye'?

Oh, another god doesn't see with one eye. Another God just hides behind the pretence of an eye, avoiding the real world by filtering all of reality through a bias inducing organ.

Does anyone here have any idea where that eye comes from?

Originally asked by Another God

Does anyone here have any idea where that eye comes from?

YUP!, right here;
h**p://www.physicsforums.com/avatar.php?userid=80&dateline=1048428256

Why is it that we say that the sun only shines "in the daylight hours", when we know that it shines all of the time?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
YUP!, right here;
h**p://www.physicsforums.com/avatar.php?userid=80&dateline=1048428256

Why is it that we say that the sun only shines "in the daylight hours", when we know that it shines all of the time?

It shines all the time??!

What fuels the sun?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.