PF Store Now Open - Dark Shirts & Fitted US Sizes - Zero Markup

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary,The store is open! Greg only has a few designs up right now and mostly dark shirts. When he gets more designs and inventory up he'll make a grand opening. The shirts he has up now are fitted, but there is one loose-fitting shirt. If you are used to regular fit US sizes and like them lose, I'd think about sizing up. There is no markup on the items. When you buy something, take a photo and upload it to the forum for a chance to win a year of Gold Membership.
turbo said:
I think that Astronuc and I can get behind a a PF beer mug...
My wife brought home two jugs of Oak Pond Brewing ales this afternoon. One of White Fox ale and another of Nut Brown ale.

And me with no PF beer mug! So sad! Zathras can have nothing nice!

Physics news on Phys.org
lugita15 said:
Wouldn't it be better to have some markup, so that the store generates revenue to maintain PhysicsForums?

It's already fairly expensive, however they are quality shirts. I'd rather more people wear them than making anything off it.

lugita15 said:
Wouldn't it be better to have some markup, so that the store generates revenue to maintain PhysicsForums?

Greg Bernhardt said:
It's already fairly expensive, however they are quality shirts. I'd rather more people wear them than making anything off it.

I thought the same thing at first but this afternoon when I wore my PF shirt to do some shopping, it got lots of looks. I was in the check out lane at Wal-Mart buying a "deep-fat fryer" for some of my mushrooms when a gentleman in a wheel chair being pushed by his wife (?) asked "is Physicsforums.com a real site". I had the time to give him a little history, PFs goals and explained how well moderated the forum is. Being that this is a University town, I wasn't surprised when he said he was interested in this and would be checking us out. After this, I stopped by Famous Dave's for a sandwich to go and while having a beer talked to three female University students working there who were curious as well. So now I realize that that dollar will pay off many times over; as long as we wear our shirts.

dlgoff said:
I thought the same thing at first but this afternoon when I wore my PF shirt to do some shopping, it got lots of looks. I was in the check out lane at Wal-Mart buying a "deep-fat fryer" for some of my mushrooms when a gentleman in a wheel chair being pushed by his wife (?) asked "is Physicsforums.com a real site". I had the time to give him a little history, PFs goals and explained how well moderated the forum is. Being that this is a University town, I wasn't surprised when he said he was interested in this and would be checking us out. After this, I stopped by Famous Dave's for a sandwich to go and while having a beer talked to three female University students working there who were curious as well. So now I realize that that dollar will pay off many times over; as long as we wear our shirts.

Awesome story dlgoff! I've been wearing mine a couple times a week because it actually fits and feels great! Twice out shopping the cash person has commented on it!

A couple of days ago, I got up in the morning and pulled on my PF "Thwack" shirt. I was also wearing an old pair of GAP boxers (yellow, with green tree-frogs) and a pair of fleece-lined moose-hide slippers. Maine chic.

My wife liked the shirt/boxer combination and didn't even mention my slippers! Da Noive!

:biggrin:

ScreenShot2013-06-07at83640AM_zps586a12c3.png

I got a baby blue fitted t-shirt. Might get a yellow one as well after my next paycheck.

Dembadon said:
:biggrin:

ScreenShot2013-06-07at83640AM_zps586a12c3.png

I got a baby blue fitted t-shirt. Might get a yellow one as well after my next paycheck.

Awesome! The ladies will be all over you! :)

Here's Skully sporting the PH tee.

[Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
collinsmark said:

That is one good looking skeleton!

Just ordered a coffee cup. I'll add another vote for a beer mug!

My daughter in her PF shirt.

[Broken]

I'm ordering some soon. And paying for a nicer account. Much support here from me, this is such a wonderful resource and community.

HayleySarg said:
I'm ordering some soon. And paying for a nicer account. Much support here from me, this is such a wonderful resource and community.

We're expecting photos, Harley, "representin'"! :smile:

My daughter in her PF shirt.

Very cool, dlgoff. We need a few million more of those in our schools and maybe their'd be some hope for a future.

DiracPool said:
We need a few million more of those in our schools and maybe their'd be some hope for a future.
Indeed. :approve:

I'll make sure she knows too. :smile:

collinsmark said:

[Broken]

You rotten, rotten, PF kids...

I just express ordered a T for the fair...[1]

I visualized; "Physics Drums --> Drums of Rum"[2]

(hic!)

:redface:

Just as a warning, to people in charge: my previous forum went down a few days after I posted the following picture:

[PLAIN]http://www.europa.com/~garry/scienceandbeer.JPG[/CENTER] [Broken]

It might be a good time to ban me.

--------------------------------
[1] 6 dtg
[2] Explaining myself for the 4th time today: I'm a rum drinking sailor.

T-shirt arrived the day before the fair.
I wore it both Friday and Saturday.
I've been going to the fair for 23 years.
I have never had people start conversations, no matter how creative, thought provoking, or funny my past t-shirts have been.

On Friday, a surgeon asked me about it. He asked; "Which ones"? I was confused, but then realized that the t-shirt says; "Physics Forums". I explained the whole thing.

Some people took it as a challenge to see how smart I was. One guy asked me what Einstein won his nobel prize for. Unfortunately, I can never remember if it was Brownian Motion or the Photo-electric effect, and picked the wrong one. He of course knows that mere commoners all think it should be "Relativity". Then, coincidentally, as we were at energy park, standing next to the worlds most efficient refrigerator, I asked him if he knew that Einstein's name was on a patent for a refrigerator. He said he didn't.

At one point, a person of altered mental state ran up to me while I was waiting in line for a chicken sandwich, and, well, I'm not 100% sure of what was going on in his mind, but it appeared that he was trying to tell me that "The Fair" was the forum. He wouldn't shut up, so I just nodded politely.

Another person asked me what a quark was. Not knowing what a quark was, I told him that there are three of them in Neutrons and Protons. He left before I could tell him that they had 1/3 and 2/3 charges.

The soap sales lady said she liked all kinds of science. Which I acknowledged was my problem also. No focus.

A wheelchair bound pre-med microbiologist, who at first I assumed was a mentally handicapped quadriplegic, as his parents parked him right in front of me at the music stage and he didn't move for 15 minutes, was very interested in joining the forum, but couldn't get internet service where we were sitting.

There were about 10 other conversations.

Now if people think I'm an idiot for spending $21 for express shipping for a $20 t-shirt, think again. I spent $20 for a marble and $25 for a piece of clothing which I decided later that I will never be able to wear in public. Now that was stupid.

I'm pretty sure that the t-shirt made this one of my most enjoyable fairs ever, as there is nothing in the world like intelligent conversation.

OmCheeto said:
I'm pretty sure that the t-shirt made this one of my most enjoyable fairs ever, as there is nothing in the world like intelligent conversation.

That was simply awesome to hear! I've had a few people ask about it too when I've worn it. Usually in the places you'd least expect. I agree, it just makes life that much more rich when you have these unexpected adventures!

Greg Bernhardt said:
That was simply awesome to hear! I've had a few people ask about it too when I've worn it. Usually in the places you'd least expect. I agree, it just makes life that much more rich when you have these unexpected adventures!

I will have to buy two more. This was the first year I wore the same outfit two days in a row.

And of course, it will be an experiment in human cognition. The one I wore this weekend was pink. I'm curious what color catches peoples eyes the most. I'm leaning towards...

Oh what the heck. I spent nearly $100 on food the first day. I'm buying every color & style shirt there is. To hell with those silly hippy tie-dyed shirts. Everyone was wearing them. Of the 10,000 t-shirts I looked at, only one caught my eye, and now I can't remember what it said.

And I'll have to start searching the forum, as I told that pre-med student* interested in joining how to find me:

Anyone know who the "funny guy" is around here?
:tongue:
-------------------------------
*His mom and dad eventually came back and I had an interesting conversation with his dad. They were from the Seattle area, and his dad said he was originally from Indiana. I told him I didn't know where Indiana was. He said it was just to the right of Illinois. I know where that is. I lived there once, in a place called Great Lakes. Which reminds me of the surgeon's type question; "You lived in the Great Lakes? Did you have a houseboat or something?"

Oh! And he was in a wheelchair because he had a cast on his left ankle area.

dlgoff said:

That was in May. I hadn't been back there until this afternoon, and while having a beer and ordering a sandwich to go, one of the ladies came up and said "I remember you. You were waring a Physics Forums tee shirt." We chatted for a few seconds as she said she was working the kitchen this shift. When I got home and looked at the sandwich, it was huge. Go PF

I'm considering buying one of the T-Shirts but I have a question. I live in Turkey and I'll be going on a vacation on 06.08.2013. What I'm wondering is is there any chance I can get my t-shirt within 8 days? Or had I better wait until I'm back?

Hi Greg! Alright then. Thanks!

Hey, I had this idea for a t-shirt on physics months ago. If you want to take it, I would be proud of it. The idea was a t-shirt whichsays "physics is extreme action", and then something like: ##\delta \int L(q,\dot q, t)dt=0##

And perhaps a picture of a nuclear bomb exploding or something like that.

I don't have any money right now, but when I do, I'll get one of these.

Just a friendly reminder that the OCF is only two weeks away. Order your t-shirts early, as overnight shipping charges are hefty.

I just ordered 2 more. :smile:

Awesome!

Woo Hoo!

And there I was, cursing those "Brown" drivers as they drove past my house all day...

PF.Teez.2014.06.27.1545.WOO.HOO.thumb.jpg

Finally showed up at 3:15.

/me dances around in new shirt... :biggrin:

ps. You can click on the image and see an inappropriately larger image.
pps. The pink one is from last year.
ppps. /me dances around in his other new shirt. :biggrin:

I stood a little too close to a soldering iron so I need to get a new one too.

zdWRjR3.jpg

dlgoff said:
I stood a little too close to a soldering iron so I need to get a new one too.

Oh no! :D Use it to wax your car :)

Greg Bernhardt said:

No! Add a "PF Solder Junky" patch to your lineup! :biggrin:

Something like this:

electron_blueblack_patches.jpg

Good grief! They've nearly 8000 different hobby patches.

Ain't nobody got time for that much browsing...

Greg Bernhardt said:

OmCheeto said:
No! Add a "PF Solder Junky" patch to your lineup! :biggrin:

Something like this:

electron_blueblack_patches.jpg

Good grief! They've nearly 8000 different hobby patches.

Ain't nobody got time for that much browsing...
Repurpose time.

Edit: Maybe this would be a good patch for the hole.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_80_80/p/2/000/287/370/2bd8086.jpg [Broken]

Or a Zz's "no crack pot" patch.

pftshirt.jpg

Greg Bernhardt said:
Here's how I used it.

CgGOAau.jpg

<h2>1. What is the PF Store?</h2><p>The PF Store is an online store that sells merchandise related to a scientific organization called "PF".</p><h2>2. What types of products are available at the PF Store?</h2><p>Currently, the PF Store offers dark shirts and fitted US sizes with zero markup. However, we may expand our product line in the future.</p><h2>3. What does "zero markup" mean?</h2><p>Zero markup means that the price of the products at the PF Store are set at the cost of manufacturing and shipping, without any additional profit added on top.</p><h2>4. Why are the shirts only available in dark colors?</h2><p>The PF Store has chosen to offer dark shirts because they tend to be more popular among our target audience. However, we may consider adding lighter colors in the future.</p><h2>5. Are the shirts only available in US sizes?</h2><p>Currently, the PF Store only offers fitted US sizes. However, we may expand our size options in the future to accommodate a wider range of customers.</p>

1. What is the PF Store?

The PF Store is an online store that sells merchandise related to a scientific organization called "PF".

2. What types of products are available at the PF Store?

Currently, the PF Store offers dark shirts and fitted US sizes with zero markup. However, we may expand our product line in the future.

3. What does "zero markup" mean?

Zero markup means that the price of the products at the PF Store are set at the cost of manufacturing and shipping, without any additional profit added on top.

4. Why are the shirts only available in dark colors?

The PF Store has chosen to offer dark shirts because they tend to be more popular among our target audience. However, we may consider adding lighter colors in the future.

5. Are the shirts only available in US sizes?

Currently, the PF Store only offers fitted US sizes. However, we may expand our size options in the future to accommodate a wider range of customers.