Dover Publications Math and Science Discount

In summary, Dover redid their Math and Science section. They added a "Math and Science Club" which offers a 20% discount on anything in the Math and Science section, although you do sign up to receive a newsletter.
S_Happens
Gold Member
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Dover redid their Math and Science section. It's only somewhat aesthetic, but it looks like they're trying to really get it going.

Store
http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-science-and-mathematics.html"

They added a "Math and Science Club" which offers a 20% discount on anything in the Math and Science section, although you do sign up to receive a newsletter. I got the first one, but only skimmed it as I've been busy, so I'm not sure if it's worth reading yet.

Here's the online link to the newsletter.
http://www.doverpublications.com/mathsci/0516/a/"

I already have a few of their books, but got them from either half.com, amazon, or local bookstores. The discount makes it pretty comparable.

FYI- I went through the proper channels and have no affiliation with Dover other than being a customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There are some serious gems to be had from Dover.

Yes, Dover has a lot of nice titles at wonderfully low prices.

Wow, browsing around their website I'm surprised to see that science and mathematics are just the tip of the iceberg:

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject.html

Also, I discovered that they have a series of hardback mathematics titles that I wasn't aware of at all:

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-science-and-mathematics-dover-phoenix-editions.html

I'm familiar mostly with their math titles. I'll list some of the ones I think are standouts among those I've read or skimmed. It would be great if others could list their favorites. I would be especially interested to see some recommendations for their best physics titles.

Algebra:
- Jacobson, Basic Algebra I
- Shilov, Linear Algebra
- Gelfand, Lectures on Linear Algebra

Fourier Analysis:
- Tolstov, Fourier Series

Geometry:
- Euclid's Elements

History:
- Heath, A History of Greek Mathematics

Group Theory:
-Scott, Group Theory

Information Theory:
- Ash, Information Theory

Number Theory:
- Dudley, Elementary Number Theory

Analysis:
- Kolmogorov and Fomin, Introductory Real Analysis
- Kolmogorov and Fomin, Elements of the Theory of Functions and Functional Analysis
- Gelbaum, Counterexamples in Analysis
- Flanigan, Complex Variables
- Cartan, Elementary Theory of Analytic Functions of One or Several Complex Variables
- Friedman, Foundations of Modern Analysis
- Knopp, Infinite Sequences and Series
- Edwards, The Riemann Zeta Function

Topology:
- Mendelson, Introduction to Topology
- Willard, General Topology
- Steen and Seebach, Counterexamples in Topology
- Gemignani, Elementary Topology

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Math End:
Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations by Coddington
Ordinary Differential Equations by Tenenbaum
Elementary Number Theory by Dudley
An Adventurer's Guide to Number Theory by Friedberg
Galois Theory by Artin
Introduction to Field Theory by Adamson
Introduction to Topology by Mendelson
Introduction to Topology by Gamelin

On the Physics End:
Introduction to Tensor Calculus, Relativity and Cosmology by Lawden
Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers by Farlow
Quantum Mechanics in Simple Matrix Form by Jordan
Group Theory: The Application to Quantum Mechanics by Mejier and Bauer
Mathematics of Classical and Quantum Physics by Byron
Theoretical Physics by Joos

I own all of these (plus a few more that are not as good as these). Some of these are the cream of the crop in their subject, others are not quite as good as contemporary books but serve as great "back-up" to current books, and for people who can't afford modern books, a lot of these book are more than good enough to be used on their own.

Love, love LOVE dover!

1. What is the "Dover Publications Math and Science Discount"?

The "Dover Publications Math and Science Discount" is a program offered by Dover Publications that provides discounted prices on math and science books and resources. It is available to educators, students, and anyone interested in learning more about these subjects.

2. How do I qualify for the "Dover Publications Math and Science Discount"?

To qualify for the discount, you must be an educator, student, or an individual interested in math and science. You may be required to provide proof of your status, such as a school ID or a letter from your institution.

3. What kind of books and resources are included in the discount?

The discount applies to all math and science books and resources published by Dover Publications. This includes textbooks, workbooks, reference books, and other learning materials.

4. How much of a discount can I expect with the "Dover Publications Math and Science Discount"?

The discount amount may vary, but typically ranges from 15-30% off the original price. The exact discount will be specified on the product page.

5. Can I use the "Dover Publications Math and Science Discount" for bulk purchases?

Yes, the discount can be used for bulk purchases of 10 or more items. This is particularly useful for schools and institutions looking to purchase multiple copies of a book for their students.

Back