PF Upgrade: Fixing Annoying Bugs & Layout Errors

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the new version of our forum software is out and it's beautiful! This weekend I will start planning for the upgrade and I hope to start either Monday or Tuesday. During the upgrade the forums will be done and you'll find the site password protected. I'm not entirely sure how long the upgrade will take, however along with the upgrade we will be reinstalling the LaTeX hack and a few other hacks I am excited about. Just think, all the annoying bugs and terrible layout errors will be fixed!
i have neither paypal, a bank account, or a check book :(

Physics news on Phys.org
I really like almost everything about the new format. But would it still be possible to add a 'thread tools' button to the bottom of the page? That's the point where I decide whether or not I want to subscribe to a thread, and I have to waste valuable PF time :eek: scrolling ALL THE WAY :rolleyes: back up to the top of the page. Also, it's become 3 times more labor intensive (3 clicks instead of 1) to subscribe to a thread now. :frown: Oh well... Not complaining, mind you. You guys have done a GREAT job with it! Just wondered if it was still possible to add a button... :wink: :smile:

I haven't been here for a while, and oh, the banner is really eye-catching! I love it. I really miss my Yoda avator, though my new one looks good too. I think we will not mix up Hurkyl and HallsOfIvy after the upgrade. :)

Paypal can handle several european currancies

CURSE them! they think of everything!

Last edited:
Back