Initial Mass of Oxygen + Mass of Oxygen leaked out

In summary: That's why we're here to help. In summary, a welder fills a tank with oxygen at a gauge pressure of 3.00×105 Pa and temperature of 37.1 C. The tank has a small leak and some oxygen leaks out, causing the gauge pressure to decrease to 1.85×105 Pa on a day with a temperature of 23.4 C. The task is to find the initial mass of oxygen and the mass of oxygen that has leaked out.
ryaneye

Homework Statement

A welder using a tank of volume 7.50×10−2 m^3 fills it with oxygen (with a molar mass of 32.0 g/mol) at a gauge pressure of 3.00×105 Pa and temperature of 37.1 C. The tank has a small leak, and in time some of the oxygen leaks out. On a day when the temperature is 23.4 C, the gauge pressure of the oxygen in the tank is 1.85×105 Pa.

Homework Equations

Find the initial mass of oxygen.
Find the mass of oxygen that has leaked out.

The Attempt at a Solution

?

Physics news on Phys.org
ryaneye said:

Homework Statement

A welder using a tank of volume 7.50×10−2 m^3 fills it with oxygen (with a molar mass of 32.0 g/mol) at a gauge pressure of 3.00×105 Pa and temperature of 37.1 C. The tank has a small leak, and in time some of the oxygen leaks out. On a day when the temperature is 23.4 C, the gauge pressure of the oxygen in the tank is 1.85×105 Pa.

Homework Equations

Find the initial mass of oxygen.
Find the mass of oxygen that has leaked out.

The Attempt at a Solution

?

You need to show some work and where you are having a problem.

Homework Help doesn't mean that it gets done for you.

I see 5 problems you've posted and apparently no work.

Hey...I'd love to show some work...and I don't intend on anyone giving me the answers...I just want to know how its done...I've been enrolled in a really hard physics course that I can't get out of...and back in high school my physics class was a joke...so basically I have no background whatsoever...My sincere apologies if I caused any trouble.
I think I'll just remove my threads...

Thanks anyways...

ryaneye said:
Hey...I'd love to show some work...and I don't intend on anyone giving me the answers...I just want to know how its done...I've been enrolled in a really hard physics course that I can't get out of...and back in high school my physics class was a joke...so basically I have no background whatsoever...My sincere apologies if I caused any trouble.
I think I'll just remove my threads...

Thanks anyways...

It's no trouble, if you just show some work and make an attempt.

The idea is that you learn.

What is the initial mass of oxygen?

The initial mass of oxygen refers to the amount of oxygen present in a system or sample at the beginning of an experiment or process. It is typically measured in grams or moles.

What is the mass of oxygen leaked out?

The mass of oxygen leaked out refers to the amount of oxygen that has escaped or leaked out of a system during an experiment or process. It is typically measured in grams or moles.

What is the difference between initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out?

The initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out are related but distinct measurements. The initial mass of oxygen refers to the starting amount of oxygen present, while the mass of oxygen leaked out refers to the amount that has escaped or leaked out during the experiment or process.

Why is it important to measure the initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out?

Measuring the initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out is important for understanding and controlling the oxygen levels in a system. It can also provide important information about the efficiency of a process or the integrity of a system.

How is the initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out measured?

The initial mass of oxygen and mass of oxygen leaked out can be measured using various techniques, such as weighing the sample before and after the experiment, using gas sensors, or performing chemical analyses. The specific method used will depend on the experiment or process being studied.