Dog Sitter Needed for 2 Weeks - Christmas/New Years

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary, Moonbear is leaving for two weeks to visit his nephew and sister and brother-in-law for Christmas/New Years and will be leaving tribdog behind. Tribdog is housebroken and has had his shots, but does not come with Moonbear. Moonbear has found a thing called "Stump-B-Gone" and is going to take it apart to see what's inside. He also plans to play fetch with tribdog, but only if everyone takes him for a day first. Moonbear is concerned that tribdog might pee on the new carpets, so he is taking him with him so that he will not have to worry.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm going to be away for two weeks to visit my nephew (and my sister and brother-in-law) for Christmas/New Years. I leave Wed and don't return until Jan 2 (hopefully I'll get a chance to get online during that time, but no counting on it at my sister's house). Unfortunately, this year I have to leave tribdog behind. Someone please make sure he gets fed (he'll eat pretty much anything, so this isn't too difficult). He's reasonably well housebroken, just don't let him play with matches. Once in a while he gets off his leash and roams into the other forums here, and has to be retrieved. No reason to worry if that happens, he doesn't bite, but will lick the face of anyone he runs into and do a few tricks to make them laugh. And, please, play with him a bit so he doesn't get too lonely missing me while I'm gone (it'll keep him from melting the carpet too). :biggrin:

In case I don't have a chance to say so later, in the flurry of activity to get myself ready to leave in the next few days:
Have a Very Merry Winter Solstice Holiday of Choice!

Physics news on Phys.org
Has he had his shots?

He's not coming here. I just got new carpets!

I heard that he pees a lot when he gets excited.

I don't pee.
There is nothing to worry about, I've got things to keep me busy. I just found this thing called "Stump-B-Gone" and it has a fuse. I'm going to take it apart and see what's inside.

Ivan Seeking said:
I heard that he pees a lot when he gets excited.
Happy piddles, huh.

I heard he has a little Australian Leg Hound in him. (If he latches on, it's best to just let him finish, if you know what I mean.)

tribdog said:
I don't pee.
There is nothing to worry about, I've got things to keep me busy. I just found this thing called "Stump-B-Gone" and it has a fuse. I'm going to take it apart and see what's inside.

No! Bad dog! No playing with things with fuses! I don't want to come back to find you're typing with your nose because you've blasted your hands off!

And if he wants to play fetch, don't be fooled...he really just wants two sticks to try rubbing together to make fire.

I know he really is a handful at times, but maybe if everyone just takes him for a day, it won't be too much.

Ivan, when he gets excited, I don't think it's piddling he's doing. :bugeye:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Moonbear, thanks for coming back so soon, having a dog "at large" worries me. You simply MUST station here to keep him from mischief. You have been a most competent dog-handler, keep him :biggrin:

Why don't you just take him with you, Moonbear? I have a carrying case you can borrow.

Math Is Hard said:
Why don't you just take him with you, Moonbear? I have a carrying case you can borrow.

Well, my sister already has two dogs and a toddler in a small house...it just seems it would be too chaotic to introduce a new puppy into that environment (poor tribdog would be traumatized for life!). I think she finally put the horribly uncomfortable trundle bed (which had been in the baby's room) into the guest room instead of the horribly uncomfortable futon (I used to opt to drag the mattress from the bed onto the floor of the guest room, because it was the most comfortable arrangement I could figure out). If it weren't for my nephew, I'd probably have opted to take a trip to AZ instead! :biggrin:

1. What are the dates needed for the dog sitter?

The dates needed for the dog sitter are December 18th, 2021 through January 2nd, 2022.

2. What are the responsibilities of the dog sitter?

The dog sitter will be responsible for feeding and providing water for the dog, taking the dog on walks, providing playtime and exercise, and ensuring the dog's overall well-being and safety.

3. Is there a specific breed or size of dog that the sitter should be comfortable with?

The dog is a medium-sized mixed breed and the sitter should be comfortable with all breeds and sizes of dogs.

4. Will the dog sitter have access to the house and any necessary supplies?

Yes, the dog sitter will have access to the house and all necessary supplies, including food, treats, toys, and cleaning supplies for accidents.

5. How much will the dog sitter be compensated for their services?

The dog sitter will be compensated $25 per day for their services, totaling $350 for the 2-week period. Additional compensation may be provided for any additional tasks or responsibilities required during the dog sitting period.