What is Graviton-Graviton Scattering in Quantum Theory of Gravity?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of graviton-graviton scattering and its significance in the Quantum Theory of Gravity. The paper mentioned is an old one and the conversation participants are unsure about its accuracy. The paper talks about the infrared behavior of graviton-graviton scattering and was published in 1999.
dpa
Hi Everyone,
:shy:
I read in some paper about the significance of Graviton-Graviton Scattering as a theoretical tool in Quantum Theory of Gravity. Would someone bother to explain in detail what phenomena it is and how it is useful in Quantum Theory of Gravity.:confused:

And I might not have put the question accurately, you see.

Thank You.
DPA

Physics news on Phys.org
What paper is that?

Ah! The paper is just age old which I don't know, I just stumbled upon while searching about what graviton-graviton scattering is.
It might not have been important one, but here it is:

=====================================
Infrared behavior of graviton-graviton scattering
John F. Donoghue1 and Tibor Torma2
-------------------------------------------------------------------
arXiv:hep-th/9901156v1 dated: 28 Jan 1999
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I repeat, I might not have accurately paraphrased.

What is graviton graviton scattering?

Graviton graviton scattering is a theoretical process in particle physics where two gravitons, which are hypothetical particles that are thought to carry the force of gravity, interact with each other.

Why is graviton graviton scattering important?

Understanding graviton graviton scattering is important because it could help us develop a theory of quantum gravity, which is a major goal in modern physics. It could also provide insights into the nature of gravity and the fundamental forces of the universe.

How is graviton graviton scattering studied?

Graviton graviton scattering is studied using mathematical models and simulations, as it is not currently possible to observe gravitons directly. Scientists also use data from high-energy particle collisions to search for potential signatures of graviton graviton scattering.

What are the potential implications of graviton graviton scattering?

If graviton graviton scattering is proven to exist, it could confirm the existence of gravitons and validate theories about quantum gravity. It could also have practical applications, such as in the development of new technologies or understanding the behavior of objects in extreme environments such as black holes.

Is there evidence for graviton graviton scattering?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for graviton graviton scattering. However, many scientists are actively researching and studying this phenomenon in hopes of finding evidence to support its existence.