Research paper citation question.

In summary, a research paper citation is a reference to a source used in a research paper that provides credit to the original author and allows readers to locate the source. It is important to cite sources in a research paper to avoid plagiarism and allow for verification of information. There are different citation styles that have specific guidelines for citing sources. Online sources can be used in a research paper but should be carefully evaluated for credibility and properly cited according to the required style. Forgetting to cite a source can result in plagiarism and weaken the credibility of the paper. Properly citing all sources is necessary to avoid any issues.
saminator910
Does anyone know what citation I should use for an academic paper in biochemistry?(like MLA, ALA, or what?)

Physics news on Phys.org
Just look up papers in the journal you are planning to send to and see how it's done.

It's better if you ask your faculty regarding their policy on citation style.

1. What is a research paper citation?

A research paper citation is a reference to a source used in a research paper. It provides information about the author, title, and publication date of the source in order to give credit to the original author and allow readers to locate the source.

2. Why is it important to cite sources in a research paper?

Citing sources is important because it gives credit to the original authors and avoids plagiarism. It also allows readers to locate and verify the information used in the research paper.

3. How do I cite sources in a research paper?

There are different citation styles, such as APA, MLA, and Chicago, that have specific guidelines for citing sources. Generally, you will need to include the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and page numbers (if applicable). Make sure to follow the specific citation style required by your professor.

4. Can I use online sources in my research paper?

Yes, you can use online sources in your research paper. However, you should carefully evaluate the credibility and reliability of the source before using it. Make sure to properly cite the online source according to the citation style required by your professor.

5. What happens if I forget to cite a source in my research paper?

Forgetting to cite a source in your research paper can result in plagiarism, which is a serious academic offense. It can also weaken the credibility of your paper. Make sure to double check all sources and properly cite them to avoid any issues.